What heck is wrong with people!?!?

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
A new guy started where I work and is employed through a work temp agency and if he works out we can hire him. Nice guy, very hard worker and always has a positive attitude and very appreciative for the oppturnity to work with us. This guy rides a mountain bike to work and is his primary transportation, not sure why he has no car, might be a DWI...none of my business. He missed work the other day, guess he got up early to go to work and found that his bike has been stolen! It's early in the morning and it's dark so he grabs a flashlight and walks his neighborhood looking for any sight of it....somebody sees him and thinks he is up to "no good" and calls the cops on him so they show up and question him, he then tells them what happened and cops tell him to look for it when it gets light out. This guys bike is his main transportation and livelihood.....now he has to take the bus. Why the hell does somebody have to steal.....pisses me off and when it does it seems like it happens to people who can't get a break. I was talking to this guy while giving him a ride home from work one day because somebody hit him with their car while he was riding (didn't get hurt but damaged his bike) but he went on to tell me how he does a lot of fishing, then goes on to tell me his storage locker was recently broke into and his fishing gear was stolen. Guy can't catch a break but even through all this, remains positive....he's upset, but positive. I really hope my boss hires him cause he is a great guy and a hard worker, Really hope things get better soon for him.

Just pisses me off when I hear stuff like this happen to good people....thanks for letting me rant and vent.....

Anyone that steals should loose a hand. If that was the law, it would slow down dramatically.

Thieves should be shot on sight, but all of us "REDNECKS" are called vigilantes.

Anyone that steals should loose a hand. If that was the law, it would slow down dramatically.

No, not a good idea. That's called sharia law. Muslims can go to hell.

If it's not yours you leave it alone. Plain and simple.
I've had plenty of things stolen over the years. It really pisses me off!!!!!

Hopefully the guy gets hired.

Get a few people together and buy him a new bike. Hell, I'll chip in. Don't get mad, well go ahead and get mad and then get helpful !

This site does well with bikes. Mtn bikes can get stupid expensive though, if he had a nice one you could be talking thousands.

Sounds like a good man Keith, I bet he is like me and fishes to eat good :toothy1:
Some of the members here know I came home one day and my 440 was stolen, I raised heck about it and the police did nothing but right a report, I went to 3 salvage yards and found it and they had him on tape (CD) , I got my 440 back and called the police and put the sorry S.O.B in jail :glasses7: Cost me $20.00 to file charges (never understood that) but I had time on my hands and prest charges..
I hope this turns out good for everyone and he gets hired on full time :color:
A motocycle will not be good transpertation for this time of year, find him a good MoPar driver and sign him up here :cheers:

I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't have much money, he mentioned a friend of his had a mountain bike he didn't ride much and he could get it from him for $50....I should talk to the guys I work with, if everybody there pitched in $5 I'm sure it could help out a lot, might even boost morale at work :glasses7:

Go for it Keith !! put me down for $10.00 :color:

I remember back before I got a drivers license or when my car was down I would ride a 10spd Schwinn to get around. After having one stolen out of the garage I just started bringing them inside with me and keeping them in my room, was a pain but it was always there .

This site does well with bikes. Mtn bikes can get stupid expensive though, if he had a nice one you could be talking thousands.

That's true but if the guy just needs transportation to get to work, A $100 bike will get there the same as a $1000 one. You can get a decent used bike for $100 on CL all day long.

I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't have much money, he mentioned a friend of his had a mountain bike he didn't ride much and he could get it from him for $50....I should talk to the guys I work with, if everybody there pitched in $5 I'm sure it could help out a lot, might even boost morale at work :glasses7:

Good stuff! :glasses7:

You should walk straight into your bosses office and state exactly what your first post said. He's a thankful hard worker! A job is the best you can do for him. We went thru 7 guys before I could be replaced and I could be officially promoted at my job. There are so many lazy folks that think they are owed an honest wage makes me sick. Your words mean more for him than anything else.

You should walk straight into your bosses office and state exactly what your first post said. He's a thankful hard worker! A job is the best you can do for him. We went thru 7 guys before I could be replaced and I could be officially promoted at my job. There are so many lazy folks that think they are owed an honest wage makes me sick. Your words mean more for him than anything else.

You are right, that would be a good thing and I will be sure to mention it. I have told my supervisor I thought he was a hard worker and he agreed too.

A new guy started where I work and is employed through a work temp agency and if he works out we can hire him. Nice guy, very hard worker and always has a positive attitude and very appreciative for the oppturnity to work with us. This guy rides a mountain bike to work and is his primary transportation, not sure why he has no car. He missed work the other day, guess he got up early to go to work and found that his bike has been stolen! Guy can't catch a break but even through all this, remains positive....he's upset, but positive. I really hope my boss hires him cause he is a great guy and a hard worker, Really hope things get better soon for him.

The guy is probably a Believer!! You know, a Christian!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ill be in for a donation! Hopefully he will get the job, we can help him, and restore some faith in his heart!! Geof

People can indeed be real a**hats....often times these folks are not all that bright. Years ago my Dad was selling a sheet metal brake from a defunct business. Guy came to look at it in his company truck.....with signs on the side....that night the brake walked away....my Dad and I went by this guys shop and spotted it...called the cops....strangely the brake reappeared that night...hmmm.....

You are right, that would be a good thing and I will be sure to mention it. I have told my supervisor I thought he was a hard worker and he agreed too.

Life can suck. Keith. When your down, you get hammered harder in life, been there. If you need help, holler.

-
Back