What is the ONE thing your A body has you wish your modern car had?

-
My dad's car was hit and totaled by someone with no insurance. He got paid at work. Walked to the Closest Dealer. Gave them his pay, bought the loss leader. 1970 Nova 230ci 3 on tree. AM radio and heat were onky 2 options. Did have steel.wheels and Dog Dish caps.
Man them wing vent windows were the bomb. Car had black vinyl bench in southern heat.
The Windows moved some air
Think I was 19, apprentice bricklayer
Making pretty good coin for the day. Used to get an advance of two weeks and payed at the end of the month. Month end came, I needed a car as I wrote the old one off. Walked around the lot at Agaizz motors in the back was a 72 nova 4 door blue 250 six power glide. Bought the car registered it, replaced the pitman arm filled it up with gas and beer and only used half my paycheque. Drove that car to work for 5 or 6 years. One of the best cars I ever owned. Then one of my so called buddies borrowed it and rolled it. He gave me $500 cash and took the hit on his license Autopac our public insurance gave me $1200. I kept the car sold it to an auto body shop for parts for $200. Yup one of the best cars I ever owned.

Floor mounted stick shift, 375 hp, and the good looks of the muscle car era.

Think I was 19, apprentice bricklayer
Making pretty good coin for the day. Used to get an advance of two weeks and payed at the end of the month. Month end came, I needed a car as I wrote the old one off. Walked around the lot at Agaizz motors in the back was a 72 nova 4 door blue 250 six power glide. Bought the car registered it, replaced the pitman arm filled it up with gas and beer and only used half my paycheque. Drove that car to work for 5 or 6 years. One of the best cars I ever owned. Then one of my so called buddies borrowed it and rolled it. He gave me $500 cash and took the hit on his license Autopac our public insurance gave me $1200. I kept the car sold it to an auto body shop for parts for $200. Yup one of the best cars I ever owned.
We had 250 in the chey work vans. And the 225 in the Dodges.
They were both kind of vans were dead nuts reliable.

Last edited:
I love the fact that my 50-60 year old A Body cars can be repaired and kept running after all this time - hard to imagine a Tesla or Prius still going in 2080!!

i always laugh when i see this posted.soul..lol i'm sure the old timers said the same thing about muscle cars when they first came out.
Naw... we just said they were cool, chick magnets, and ran like ugly on an ape! and got us from point A to point B, with biased tires, points dist., and CHEAP gas!

who said that? the kids buying them or the 30's car guys?
In 1966 I was 18.

The cool guy in '66 was the kid with the new 66 396 Chevelle, the big hp one. But the car I really drolled over was the kid with the 55 Chevy, fiberglass and tilt front, vette 327, 4 speed, roll and tuck.

Naw... we just said they were cool, chick magnets, and ran like ugly on an ape! and got us from point A to point B, with biased tires, points dist., and CHEAP gas!
When I first bought my dart there was no way you could put $12 worth of #1 in the tank. Now ??????

When I first bought my dart there was no way you could put $12 worth of #1 in the tank. Now ??????
You can still fit $12 worth of gas in it...it just won't get you to the next station anymore

-
Back