What is wrong with this picture?

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
A company needs to pay a fee to advertise on this site. If a company advertises on the radio or TV, they pay a fee to the station/network. So how come we, as consumers don't get paid for wearing caps, "T" shirts, etc. advertising for a company. Instead, we buy these items from said company(s) and not only give them free advertising, but pay them for the privilege.

Because people will buy **** with names plastered all over it.
I've never bought a car with the dealers name on it. I tell them they will get an advertising bill from me if it's still on there when I leave.
I've always peeled stickers with names off most things I buy, going back to bicycles when I was a kid.

How come they don't pay me for selling my information? I believe I should have some portion paid to me or it should be a law that companies can't sell your info unless you agree and they give you a reasonable sized cut. I pay these greedy fat cats enough every month, I think my point is fair.

Because people will buy **** with names plastered all over it.
I've never bought a car with the dealers name on it. I tell them they will get an advertising bill from me if it's still on there when I leave.
I've always peeled stickers with names off most things I buy, going back to bicycles when I was a kid.

Bought a new car, told dealer DO NOT put anything other than a lic plate frame on the car.

Show up and there is a badge on the back with two holes drilled in the decklid. Took 2 months+ to get the car, got my money back and kept my old ride a while longer.

Bought a new car, told dealer DO NOT put anything other than a lic plate frame on the car.

Show up and there is a badge on the back with two holes drilled in the decklid. Took 2 months+ to get the car, got my money back and kept my old ride a while longer.
Along that same note...

My ex-wife and I had a purchase agreement with Acura many years ago regarding a factory order vehicle, and one part of that agreement stated that the car would not have any dealership stickers applied to it. When it finally arrived months later, one of the first things they did was slap there big *** ugly name on it.

So I made them take it off.

And they promptly scratched the paint while doing so.

So I made them fix that.

Which resulted in another month of body shop time...

Ever since then I've "de-badged" all of my cars myself.

Last edited:
My big gripe is things like paying $25 for a $5 "T" shirt because it has venders/manufactures name on it. I'm not talking about an event or commemorate "T" shirt or hat. For example. Just go to Holly's web site and look at all the apparel for sale with the Holly logo. Holly should pay us an advertising fee.

A company needs to pay a fee to advertise on this site. If a company advertises on the radio or TV, they pay a fee to the station/network. So how come we, as consumers don't get paid for wearing caps, "T" shirts, etc. advertising for a company. Instead, we buy these items from said company(s) and not only give them free advertising, but pay them for the privilege.
:rofl: :rofl: THat's where the "free cap" comes in. You are getting paid to advertise for them.

My big gripe is things like paying $25 for a $5 "T" shirt because it has venders/manufactures name on it. I'm not talking about an event or commemorate "T" shirt or hat. For example. Just go to Holly's web site and look at all the apparel for sale with the Holly logo. Holly should pay us an advertising fee.
I won't buy that stuff. It's all part of their profit structure.

What "FREE" cap. When was the last time you got a freebie. They charge for them now.
I don't wear them so I don't get freebies. I gave away a lot of free caps on the tool truck. It really bugged the Snap On guy when he would walk into a shop and everyone had a new MAC cap on. :rofl: :rofl:

I've only bought two new cars in my life, and they both had the dealership decals removed before I took delivery. Every other vehicle I have owned has had it removed by me, except the Ventura, only due to the originality and the fact that I have the first buyer's bill of sale.

I had one customer pay to have the dealer name hand painted back onto the deck lid of their old fairlane.

When I worked at the dealership, we had a guy come in, wanted a new mini van off the lot.
He picks one (one of the cheapest, low option vans we had), test drives it, decides that was the van he wanted.
I'm in Ohio, so it was mandatory (at the time) to have two license plates. Every van on the lot had a front license bracket on it. He didn't want that, also no dealer stickers or license plate frames with the dealer name.
Ok, no sweat, we'll take it off, we didn't do the name stickers/nameplates and didn't put a frame on. He agrees, the salesman does the deal. The lot boys take it back for delivery and take the bracket off, hang the temp tag without a frame.
The lot boys bring the car around for delivery, bracket removed, no license frame, just as he asked.
Guy takes delivery, and flips his ****!
Why is there holes in the bumper cover?!! Where is the license frame?!!
The salesman explained that the holes were the bracket we took off and that he didn't want the frame.
This clown demanded that we provide a blank frame and a new bumper cover. Even then he bitched because the bumper cover wouldn't be "original" and that he should get a better price for having his bumper cover damaged.
Thankfully the GM stepped up and basically told the guy to get fucked. The car came with the holes pre drilled from Chrysler, and it says so on the build sheet and no where did it mention a license plate frame.
The guy took the car in the end, but went home a filed a BBB complaint and tore us up on Google reviews.
I did notice that the GM also didn't bother to flag the VIN into our DMS as having 5 free oil changes that they typically gave new car customers.
As for other swag and freebies, we had a bunch of that stuff. We had tire gauges, key chains, hats, shirts, ice scrapers, note pads, all sorts of stuff, all of it Mopar branded and all of it was free.
Jegs and Summit used to give away free hats at events, this year I saw a guy at Nationals selling them.

I don't have a problem wearing things that have advertising. I have a new O'Rielly's hat. It was a "freebee". What I object to is being charged to do the advertising, when I should be getting paid. As far as I'm concerned I am getting paid by O'Rielly's with the free hat.

Cuz consumers are sucker's. I grew up around circle track racing. Of I put another man's name on my back or my car he is paying fir the privilege.

I make exceptions for bands though.

Karrin and I buy all my work clothes, hats and daily wear from the Salvation Army, Goodwill or the Trinity Church secondhand store in Kankakee Illinois. Theoretically all the proceeds go to good causes, and we can get old thicker quality clothes at exceptionally low pricing. If one of the T shirt's happens to have Ted Nugent on it, the shirt goes in the cart. Ted gets free advertising and I don't have to pay concert tee shirt prices. It's the only shopping I really enjoy. It never ceased to amaze me what you could find at the old Salvation Army store and what a cool building!

-
Back