What kind of dizzy?

-

Frank Mopar

Reaction score
My buddy has one of these. What is it? Sorry only one pic.

86C71BCC-7E69-40A4-A704-AC2C7009D09B.jpeg

China one. I would not trust it has a bunch of weird parts inside like the moduale and pickup. Cap will be hard to find also. Hope it helps.

POS. Thanks guys!
Doesn't mean it won't work, or that it works well. Just means have a spair with you in case it dies. Same holds true for OEM Mopar electronic ignition and dist.

Now with points. A cap, rotor, points and a capacitor all neatly tucked into the cap box and you are good to go.

I had a new one in a small block. Yea its Chinese junk, but it did work fine for the 2 years I had the car. Never had an issue.

I don't know where to get caps/ rotors for them, but the module is out of a Holden I believe. that module is evidently fairly popular overseas.

I don't know where to get caps/ rotors for them, but the module is out of a Holden I believe. that module is evidently fairly popular overseas.
That would chase me away right there.

67 Dart is correct.
That is a Chrys Australia 318 dist. The same design was used in a number of Aussie cars, 6 & 8 cyl, for many years & are extremeeeeeeeeely reliable. It is a Bosch dist & uses a 4 pin module [ under the alum cap ]. It can be interchanged electrically with a GM 4 pin module if you reverse the pick up connections. Module mounting centres are the same, but terminal layout is different.

Those are the Skip White, Pro Comp, "whoever's" Chins import and no, that doesn't mean they are a POS. They're actually pretty good.

I had a new one in a small block. Yea its Chinese junk, but it did work fine for the 2 years I had the car. Never had an issue.
I've had the big cap GM style Skip White distributor in the 351M in my F250 for 8 years and it's never flinched.

67 Dart is correct.
That is a Chrys Australia 318 dist. The same design was used in a number of Aussie cars, 6 & 8 cyl, for many years & are extremeeeeeeeeely reliable. It is a Bosch dist & uses a 4 pin module [ under the alum cap ]. It can be interchanged electrically with a GM 4 pin module if you reverse the pick up connections. Module mounting centres are the same, but terminal layout is different.

If that dizzy has a module attached to it does that mean its used without and external module and ballast?

Post #12. Not 100% sure about the bal res question. All the cars I have seen using these dists used conventional canister coils.

-
Back