What kind of tacos,do you like?.....

-
my wife gets those old elpaso taco kts and we make our own there dam good i ate at taco bell in montana when i was there and i wasnt very inpressed there ground beef is nothing like any ground beef i ever ate i thought it was horse but im sure it wasnt

HMMMM, funny you said that.... Since Taco bell admitted to having horse meat mixed in with the beef in Britain I haven't eaten there. Same way with Burger King.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/03/01/taco-bell-horse-meat-scandal/1957233/

I guess it depends on how frisky my wife's feeling as to which taco is my favorite! :D

If she's not up for the pink, then tb cool ranch Doritos taco is amazing!

Meat is meet. Eating horse ain't any different than eating cow IMO. They graze on the same damn grass..

If they are putting horse in it what else are they slipping in? Have you ever been to a kill horse auction? Some really bad animals go through there and since they aren't inspected in the human food chain there could be problems.

El Tejano or La Michoacana.El Tejano has the best barbacoa. I grab a stack of corn tortillas and mix salsa in the guacamole and pack it in a tortilla and chow down with a grilled jalapeno on the side. Or la michoacana I like their fajitas with pico de gallo in harina tortillas. I like to eat like the locals.

Married to a Mexican......home made are for me. She fry's the corn tortilla in a bit of oil, browns chop meat with onions, garlic etc in it. Tops them with home shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, green onions and lettuce.

Have not purchased a bag of shredded cheese in years. She buys blocks from Costco and shreds them herself. WAY WAY WAY fresher tasting than anything out of a bag....

Married to a Mexican......home made are for me. She fry's the corn tortilla in a bit of oil, browns chop meat with onions, garlic etc in it. Tops them with home shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, green onions and lettuce.

Have not purchased a bag of shredded cheese in years. She buys blocks from Costco and shreds them herself. WAY WAY WAY fresher tasting than anything out of a bag....

Can you send me a couple of those in a pm? Lol, wouldn't that feature be nice!

Probably should mention she usually makes rice with them.....and it aint that crap they serve in restaurants. Browns the rice a bit, adds some boiling water, chicken broth and Pato sauce....simmers it until the rice has absorbed the moisture......

Taco bell is good on a quick budget. I won't talk trash on them and if sexy boy wants to lick them, well, I'm sure it's not the first time I've ambiguously eaten human saliva.

I didn't like the OG Doritos taco, but Amy turned me on to the Cool Ranch and I do have to agree with Mopar Daddy, it's pretty good stuff.

Innuendos aside, I do prefer Rubio's. The one on S. Colorado Blvd. would be more frequented if I were closer. With that said, I'm a local at the Qdoba national training facility, which is the store by the Englewood Civic Center. I know everyone in there by name. The manager's son hangs out at my house once in a while. I'm there 3 times a week.

I can never get sick of Mexican food. My mom raised me on southwestern cooking, so I know good chili and I make the best breakfast burritos on this planet. If you want my recipe, set up a PM.

Taco Bell is horrid IMO.

Eliminate the middle man and throw it straight in the toilet! :)

In socal, there are so many hole in the wall places that make some great food.

Taco Bell is horrid IMO.

That is how AZ was as well. We went into one once that had the best damn food I ever had. Ernie said she used to go there constantly for lunch when she worked at Dr. Brook's office....course she could never remember after we went there.

NJ had a few as well. Used to go to this little deli, I believe it was on Reynolds Ave in Whippany that sold the most outrageous Taylor Ham Egg & Cheese sandwiches.

I've had a lot of types of tacos and I must say......most of the ones I like are the traditional shredded beef/lettuce/tomato/cheese/cilantro type on a small corn tortilla. The simpler, taco-truck type are super excellent as well, with just carne asada, onions, cilantro and some hot sauce. Those are like poppers.

I go out of state once in a while on business, and that's when I realized I can't go very long without quality Mexican food.

But lately, I've been digging on the "tacos al carbon" at Del Taco! Crazy good!

Del_Taco_Taco_al_Carbon-_Chicken.jpg

Octopus or Garlic Shrimp tacos from a local joint down here (5 mins from the border). I remeber long ago loving the original taco bell taco but these days their food is gross. "I ordered the taco but instead got stomach cramps and diareah".

Taco Bell is horrid IMO.

Actually here too....we have some local places that compete with taco bell pricewise and yet have bigger portions of some high quality food .......there is one place where they know me by name and its a local place and they have chicken tacos that come packed and very good for a dollar fifty and its so big and packed i can barely finish one taco. so to me thats a good deal if i can stuff my face for a whole day for a dollar fifty and a pop.

I used to eat there a lot. The regional office and one of my stores were in Fed Way. I eat at Don Pedro's here in the Portland area. My Hispanic employees turned me on to them. There is/was also a strip club in Medford called Senior Taco (a play on words).

I forgot Senior Taco on HWY 99 Federal Way. THe yeven have the tv's with either the soccer games on or soap operas. Food is the bomb!

.......there is one place where they know me by name and its a local place and they have chicken tacos that come packed and very good for a dollar fifty and its so big and packed i can barely finish one taco. so to me thats a good deal if i can stuff my face for a whole day for a dollar fifty and a pop.

Since they know you, maybe you're the only one getting that deal.....they're just trying to put some weight on you. LOL

-
Back