What kind of transmission dipstick needed with a steel midplate.

-
Flexible will definitely be easiest.
You are going to run a flex plate shield too.
I have a mid plate and flex plate shield and the notch in the shield is not really big enough.
However I might redo my mid plate since I don't want to pay for that flexibility locking dipstick, it's expensive

Flexible will definitely be easiest.
You are going to run a flex plate shield too.
I have a mid plate and flex plate shield and the notch in the shield is not really big enough.
However I might redo my mid plate since I don't want to pay for that flexibility locking dipstick, it's expensive
I know what you mean I purchased a flexible lockable one and it was 140.00 dollars and come to find out it wasn’t the lockable one they sent me. So I have to send it back! And I’m just looking for a cheaper way to go.

I know what you mean I purchased a flexible lockable one and it was 140.00 dollars and come to find out it wasn’t the lockable one they sent me. So I have to send it back! And I’m just looking for a cheaper way to go.
The one mopowers suggested will work it will just require a little modification to the midplate

I guess it just depends on the shape of your midplate. The one I had was trimmed quite a bit and was shaped kinda like a triangle if that makes sense.

Have you installed the midplate yet ?
I’m off on vacation the week of July 4th and I’m planning on removing my motor and transmission and getting started on putting my new motor and transmission in. Quick question do I need a locking dipstick for my motor also as per nhra rules to run in the high 9’s. Thanks

I’m off on vacation the week of July 4th and I’m planning on removing my motor and transmission and getting started on putting my new motor and transmission in. Quick question do I need a locking dipstick for my motor also as per nhra rules to run in the high 9’s. Thanks
Yes you do need a locking dipstick.
The competition engineering mid plate I have needed to be modified just to get the offset correct, I think I cut off an inch or so off of the driver side and welded it to the passenger side.
Have fun on your vacation

Even if the rules didn’t mandate it, a locking dipstick is always the best option.

-
Back