What motor? Help me!

-
uuuuhhhh-huh......you did say this was going to be mostly for the street? In an era when most rational people are looking to up the number of gears in their transmissions (4 to 5 or 6 spd, 4 spd autos, or aftermarket overdrives), you are looking to give up a gear? With 3.91s? Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a Powerglide only had 2 forward gears.

Going to put a GM tranny behind a Mopar engine that is just wrong.Next thing you will want to do is put in a Ford 9 inch because its better or cheaper.Lets keep the cross breeding the the old street rods.And I do not even care for that myself.You know you were going to catch some s**t about this right?
Jim

i think we,re getting our chains yanked. All the 60s drag Racers used 727s as they were tough. He,s building s/b and thinking he needs a glide. PLLEEASE

I am either going to motor plate the car and do a sbc 400 or a Mopar motor..

This is going to be a nasty street weekend car with a little track time.. Very ...

which way would you go? Resale is not important... Speed is on a budget..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't God already give you one belly button; why put another one in your car?

There are so many cool and powerful Mopar engines to choose from, don't ruin your car.

I guess I need to clarify my street intentions... I am only planning on some grudge racing with it.... No chain yanking here.... The rearend is out of a ford truck though... :)

I guess I need to clarify my street intentions... I am only planning on some grudge racing with it.... No chain yanking here.... The rearend is out of a ford truck though... :)

And if it's a 9' ford it weighs WAY more than a 8 3/4 moper rear, brilliant.

And you better change that pos pinion support on that 9' ford.

Yep!! After the ford 9" comment ...he's jerkin us MOPAR freaks. Pass it around there dude...Look through that cloud...we're over here..

The ford truck rearend I am using came with a dana 60. I am going to use a dr diff conversion.... So it is not a ford 9"...

Boy yall just assume everything don't ya?

-
Back