What Products are Needed in the A-body world?

-
Chassis parts or not, here are mine if not stated already:
SBP ralley "sombrero" centers
Tuff wheel extension/adapters
64 and 66 Plymouth headlight bezels
64 vent doors or already posted louvered registers
Narrow A headers, drop in (good luck)
340 style exhaust gaskets with the wire guards (for under 70 bucks!)
68 ish fan shroud (you know the ones)
64 Tubular K member (something light weight)
dropped spindles for any year "A"
some bolt on J bars for the narrow A with shock tabs.
Disk brake splash shields
64-65 taillight lenses

Any of these reproducable in your shop?

Chassis parts or not, here are mine if not stated already:
SBP ralley "sombrero" centers
Tuff wheel extension/adapters
64 and 66 Plymouth headlight bezels
64 vent doors or already posted louvered registers
Narrow A headers, drop in (good luck)
340 style exhaust gaskets with the wire guards (for under 70 bucks!)
68 ish fan shroud (you know the ones)
64 Tubular K member (something light weight)
dropped spindles for any year "A"
some bolt on J bars for the narrow A with shock tabs.
Disk brake splash shields
64-65 taillight lenses

Any of these reproducable in your shop?

I completley agree on the Tuff wheel adapters an d the Disk brake splash sheilds. I don't know why on earth they don't sell either especially since they make brand new Tuff wheels and I have seen people charging as much as $80 for used ones and those damn splash sheilds are always bent or dented. Don't think I have ever had a pair that isn't

Jeff

Gas Caps . Not an easy task , per se , due to year-to-year variations . Or , perhaps design an outer shell which can be screwed-onto one of the generic bases which are available (e.g. , those rinky-dink lawn mower-style caps available through Stant , et al. ).

Air Cleaner Assemblies . Seems that the only ones available in repro are the '69 340 /383 / 440 version . To the best of my knowledge , no one is making the '67 383 / 440 air cleaner ; same goes for the '72 - '76 models .

Fuel Tanks . A *generic* '67 - '76 fuel tank which has the vent tubes which the '71 & earlier ( '70 & earlier Calif models ) had .

Crankcase Breathers . Only cheap-o Chinese **** breathers --stock replacement-- are available for '72 & later , and none are available in the 3-port ( '70-'71 ) style .

ill say this again,a complepe tubular k-frame rack and pininon that a working mans buget

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blob:

Why are the mopar ones X4 $$ of a mustang one? Same amount of material,maybe less.

It will never happen!!!! We have Mopars written on out foreheads

No kdding! The chev and Ford guys subsidise thier cheap prices by charging us more...thats why I dont buy new anymore. Prices are too inflated for my mopar. It's like these mopar outlets want only the wealthy to shop there.Big problem is there are guys willing to pay those stupid prices,and then we have to too.

So just a warning. Get greedy,you wont sell me ANYTHING.

I'll do my best to keep the cost down. Still looking for a roller that is local to me. Have left notes on a few local cars that have been sitting, but nothing yet. Thanks guys.

Another vote for a tubular K member with a rack....using the stock torsion bars is OK with me. Offer one that uses coil overs too.

Hey I'd vote for a tubular k frame that uses stock control arms and isnt stupidly priced just cus it's for a mopar.

Ball joint bushing.

Instead of a person having to buy big ball joint control arms, how about making a bushing that will go inside the control arm to take up the slack when using later model disk spindles and small ball joints. I would like a set because I’m not ready to do a full out build on my front end, but I want disks as soon as possible.
Is it safe? Does it already exist?

This is possible I made them on our lathe. it was not easy and took some time They could probably mass produced on a CNC. It ended up being a coned bushing with two defferent bevels. I made them longer and cut the length to fit. I used cold roll solid stock for strength. I had a set on my Duster for a couple of years.

After posting this I read on and saw they actually made them. Wow did I waist alot of time making mine. Where was FABO back then.

These are already available.
afcb_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-72-Mopar...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a15b1c6e0

You posted as I was looking for the actual picture and eBay auction. I guess great minds thing alike, LOL.

These are great thanks for the link. I can't believe they actually make them. Thanks again. Steve

I say we need light weight front bumper brackets for the fish. I would like a set so I can put on a fiberglass front bumper and not use the stock brackets.

Ya but did you see the price? $50 for 2 bushings and nuts? You'd have to be stupid to pay that. I'd make my own first. Man this car hobby is geared towards deep pockets..

How about Stock Style Spring Hangers? Mega Parts quit making them. Not just for A Bodies but A/B/C/E Bodies...

Id like to see 1" drop spindles. And I 2nd the need for a tuff wheel adapter that looks like stock. Lightweight fron bumper brackets for 70+ Darts,Demons Dusters. And a trick looking,flush mounting, pop open,billet fuel door like a Challenger/Charger but more subtle. And a tight fitting,back seat friendly rollbar/cage kit yes!

Well...I dont want to speak too soon...but I may have a 71 Valiant lined up that I can pick up cheap. I'll use it for mock-up if I can get my hands on it. Stay tuned...
I hope I havnt been labeled as a deadbeat...I am trying, I promise.

So I went back through this entire thread, and the one I have on Moparts. I made a list of things that would be in my "realm" of work to start with. It looks like lightweight bumper brackets is a big one. Are these being used on street cars or just to hold up a fiberglass bumper on a racecar? I'd probably make them of aluminum...but depending if they were on a street car or not would determine how thick of material I would use.
Other things to start with would be subframe connectors, roll cage/bar kits, and possibly aluminum seat brackets as well.
Suspension stuff would come a little later. I'm pretty sure Ill be bringing an A-body home early next week, so hopefully I can get things moving here in the next month or so.
Thanks FABO! :)

Im a metal fabrication guy...I cant do much with plastic parts or big stamped sheet metal stuff. Wish I could guys...sorry.

-
Back