What shocks do I get?

-

72DartSwingerV8

Reaction score
My front end has been completely rebuilt down to the bushing. I'm running 17" wheels that are tucked in there pretty good but will rub on hard turns with down pressure. I'm currently using the cheapie blue Monroes but need an upgrade because the ride is terrible with them. I'd like to keep the price of the pair under $150. Any suggestions? The car is a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger 318.

Thanks

Check out KYB gas adjust,good mid level shock.Not road race quality,damn site better than monroe matics.The shock you have is a hydraulic shock,KYB hi pressure 2 piston gas.In English,the KYB resist jouncing and transition better.My experience,they might raise the front end .05 to .75 over now.Hope this helps.Oh yea, figure 40 to 65 a corner on price.

If you lowered it,how much?Your bad ride could be bottoming out the shocks internally.Depends if/how much you cranked the torsion bars.Sorry,just a thought.

I got the blue monroes on mine and the shock doesnt bottom out even with my 11/16" bump stops.

Hmmm, well I just had it aligned so I will check out the ride on it now. The alignment shop told me that Monroe matics are pretty terrible so I was planning on upgrading anyway. I thought that air shocks would be too much of a stiff ride for a passenger car like a Dart. Is it pretty bumpy?

-
Back