What Size Spare Tire did a 69 Dart GTS 383 have?

-

Moparparts

Reaction score
I am trying to find out what brand and size spare tire and width wheel the 69 Dart GTS 383 would have had in the trunk from the factory. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

14x5.5 steel wheel , tire size I think was a D70x14 redline , goodyear me thinks , tire may have been as big as an E70 , but no bigger . I run F70's on my dart and they hit the frame before hitting the steering stops and the tire doesn't fit the sparewell INFLATED ...

I am trying to find out what brand and size spare tire and width wheel the 69 Dart GTS 383 would have had in the trunk from the factory. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

69_Dart0013.jpg

Thanks guys i just did not know if they used a narrower wheel for the spare than the 5.5 width which was on the car because of fitting in the sparewell. I guess the hardboard covering the spare just sits up higher and requires a longer hold down bolt than 6-cyl and 318 cars

Spare tire will be the same as what is on the other 4 wheels so if it would have fit on the narrower wheel they would have just used that wheel. Not sure if the bolt is longer , or if it needed to be , the one in the car fits fine with the F70 jambed in the well .

-
Back