What the heck is this stuff worth??

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been given a golden key.....I think.
A friend has decided to give me the majority of his parts stash. For years he has been collecting stuff to restore his '65 Valiant convertible. He has decided to give me everything left over from the project. I mainly have experience with the '67 and later A body cars, so I'm unsure of the value of these parts. Most everything is in nice driver condition, but I just don't know what it is all worth. Maybe you can help?

Shifters and consoles.
Bucket seats with no rips.
Stock twin post exterior/side view mirrors. Interior rear view mirrors.
Fenders, doors, hoods, trunklids. Valance panels and bumpers too.
273-4 barrel intakes.
273 Commando finned steel valve covers.
Tail panel trim, wheel opening moldings.
Taillight assemblies with nice lenses.
Headlight rings.
Dog dish hubcaps with red/blue Valiant logo.
Small bolt 14" rally wheels, 5" and 6" wide.
65 Barracuda rear windows, rear window trim, fold down rear seats.
I'm also getting 4 1971 Satellite fenders, valences, front and rear bumpers.
Any suggestions on pricing would be appreciated.
Thanks, Greg.

About the only thing that I can see in your list that I would know would be the valance panels, as I am looking for one. I've seen them go anywhere from $75 - $125, depending on the condition.

At a quick glance, there are a couple of rear windows on eBay. One is priced at $150 Buy it Now, and the other is going for $175 Buy it Now. No shipping, local pickup only.

I'm sure others will chime in with info on the other items. Congratulations on the score! Good luck with your sales!

it all depends on condition & how long you want to sit in it-- to move it quick price it on the lower side -- to make max $$ & store it -- price it on the high side.

fenders/buckets large items are hard sells-- due to shipping costs.

all of this will depend on condition & your price---

research some of those items on this site & you will get an idea of price.
(there are numerous similar sales to compare)
convert specific items are rare-- but so is the buying pool.
you are also dealing with the Early A pool very small but tenacious group of owners.
Congrats on your score-- picture up & happy selling ,Lawrence

Are you buying this from him and trying to determine a fair price? What I have done is sell & ship their items and we split everything 50/50. It's a lot work selling & shipping stuff and it can take a long time too.

I assume you want to resell this stuff. All of this stuff has some value but even NOS items don't sell for too much ( as compared to B & E body stuff). The items that fit inside modest size boxes are easier ( & cheaper) to ship so would be easier to sell. The items such as commando valve covers $100 to $150) & twin post mirrors ($20 to $50 for one with nice chrome) could find new homes in a few days. Large items that you can ship but require very large boxes like a fender ($50 to $100) are also expensive to ship and its a lot of time to package it properly.

Without seeing any of it My guess on a fair value would be $750... Maybe up to a $ 1000. I would want to be able to get half my cash back in two weeks.

All of the parts are being given to me. I offered to do bodywork and paint on the convertible since I like the guy. He offered the remaining parts and a 65 Barracuda as payment even though I'd do the paint job free of charge.
I have the flag of Ireland only because I am mostly Irish, with some German thrown in. I live in Northern California.
I agree that the early Valiant stuff isn't in the same category as the 68-72 b body or 70-71 E body cars, but some of this stuff is too good to just toss out. I figured that there are people out there that need a part to complete their cars.

If you are willing to ship throw it on ebay and see where they go. I have seen pit free 2 post mirrors bring 150 recently.

What is the condition on the floor shifter? I need a mint one!

I have about 5 or 6 of the shifters and 4 of the consoles. The shifters all appear to be functional. 2 or 3 still have the wiring attached!
These are all used parts though. I have ZERO NOS stuff. They all have some visible wear but would likely clean up nicely.

I will take some pictures over the next week and put them up. Thanks everyone!

Add to this stuff :
2 forged 273 cranks
1 set of adjustable rocker arms from a solid lifter 1964 273
What do you think?

Well this thread has kinda turned into what I thought it would. A sale ad. While the original poster didnt really do that intentionally as he merely asked what stuff was worth... its just bound to turn into a classified. So that being said I will close this thread before he starts posting all the pics and stuff here. Please break out the items into catagories for the classifieds and put them in the correct forums. Interior, Exterior, and Mechanical. Do some research on ebay and see what prices go for and post pricing that you want. You have good stuff there and it will be exposed to more people in the classified ads here.
I will leave this thread so people can see what you have and can offer you personal messages as far as values / wants / etc.....

-RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back