What the hell were the designers at Chrysler thinking

-
During that year for bad transmissions, I did 2, it had a 9 hr book time on it, took me 4 hrs to get it out by myself, not ever doing it before.

The transmission guy, could take one out, reseal it, etc, and put it back in and have it back on the road in 50 minutes.

That dude made serious cash

Kinda like the bad transmissions in the Taurus/Windstar platfrom. Can have the old out and sitting on the bench in less than 30 hour.

But then we come to the idiot design of the plugs on the three valves and people wonder why the break...

Guys, you've identified the problems, but not the cause. The vast majority of idiotic designs are the result of government regulations. Someday do a web search for auto industry regulations and see what all they control. It's jaw-dropping.
X2

We all like to bash the car company's but the real culprit is our GUBERMENT.

Caddy northstar plugs require engine mounts taken loose.

New cars suck. All of them.

Didn't the '69 Charger r/t need the mounts removed and he engine pulled up to get to the plugs ?

My dad's pontiac 6000 required the engine mounts loosened and the engine rolled forward to get to the plugs..

There are a couple of Citroen models that if you need work on the tranny, it takes 2 days of work to get it out....

Didn't the '69 Charger r/t need the mounts removed and he engine pulled up to get to the plugs ?

My dad's pontiac 6000 required the engine mounts loosened and the engine rolled forward to get to the plugs..
my '68 mustang needed the driver side mount undone to change the #7 plug (of course, the 351C wasn't really factory equipment:D).

None of my factory big block B body cars have had that issue.

Big block A body, maybe.

Changed the evap core on a '96 Intrepid I had, which conveniently started leaking just after the warranty expired. When I finally got to the plenum box, nothing left but the steering column. The entire dash had to come out. The A/C and heater hose connections were of course up under the windshield.

I looked at one with the 24v 3.5, thought to hell with that, bought the 3.3, you could just about spit on the ground on both sides of the motor. I need to change the rack and pinion on my '97 LHS with the 3.5 one of these days, has a small leak, looks like it'll be a hoot.

Remember the 4100 fwd Caddies? Geez, what unserviceable junkheaps. Crap like that is why I got out for good in '95, went to work on oilpatch pumps. You can fix those with profanity and a sledge hammer.....

-
Back