What the......

-
Is that the Mafia we-have-bodies-in-the-trunk special order edition?

Never seen of heard of anything like it.

I know they did a LOT of grotesque coach conversions in the 70s. Maybe that's one of them.

What on EARTH purpose can that serve?

I knew that Americans were becoming overweight, but.....................

I was a Buick fan in a past life. I would think the 6 wheel Buick would have been included in my book that these photos came out of since it covers through 1972 and was contributed to by the Buick relations staff. There are a bunch more photos as well as prototype photos in it too.

Attachments

• Buick show car.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 344
  • King Ranch Buick2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 301
  • King Ranch Buick.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 337
I think the guy has his info wrong. No way would the factory have done that. I think they probably sent it out same as they did with T top and sunroof cars and had it done in the aftermarket.

People back when that car was new were all about big vacations and such. You could probably pull a big old Airstream with that setup and have a trunk slam full of stuff plus have six fat women in the car with you on the way to the beach.

Cliff, you must have a pic of every one they ever made!
C

Hey Bill.....didn't Buick build a prototype of a car very similar to the Corvette before the Vette was around? Remember reading something about it a LOOOOOONNNNNG time ago in a magazine or book....back in the pre-internet days...

Hey Bill.....didn't Buick build a prototype of a car very similar to the Corvette before the Vette was around? Remember reading something about it a LOOOOOONNNNNG time ago in a magazine or book....back in the pre-internet days...

They did make a prototype but it was a 1954 model. I will post some pictures of it tomorrow. My book is back in the hidey hole for tonight.

Sorry Bill!
I will have to share these pics with my neighbor, he just got him a '65 Wildcat project to work on. A nice car...
C

I thought the CL ad photo was photo shopped until I saw the other one with the fender skirt. Strange bird indeed!

Myself, if it truly is a factory car and there were only 3 to start with, then I would be very interested in it. Some say it's ugly but I think it is just unique. It could be worth a boat load of cash to a collector if it is really a factory car.

Jack

Pictures of the 1954 Buick Wildcat II from my book.

Attachments

• Wildcat IId.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Wildcat IIc.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 201
This intrigues me. I would actually like to see the car in person even though its an eyesore. I think Rob nailed it on the head with the towing remark, that's the only think that would possibly be reasonable

Concrete trucks have the same setup. Maybe they used to haul concrete in the trunk.

-
Back