what would this dart be worth?

-

smb03

Reaction score
its a 440 1968 dart with a fresh 440 six pack(purple cam, trw 11.5:1 pistons, forged rods, steel crank, ported bigger valved 906 heads) 727 auto, dana 60 35 spline axles 4.10 posi, complete redone interior with original metric speedo, hemi hood, aluminum radiator with electric fans, electric fuel pump, all new wiring, whole car was disassembled to have all suspension powder coated and chromed even chrome brake lines lol. disc brakes up front. 10" rims in the back, 7" up front with red stripe tires. custom headers with 3" exhaust.
399014_3234430239573_990419900_n.jpg

Welcome and I would say he has more in it than he will ever sell it for going by your description.

what do you think would be a decent price to get out of it, not barret jackson prices lol

Just to take that car all apart and clean 40+ years of grease, dirt, and grime off the individual parts alone should be worth $20,000 plus all the other real money spent on it.:D Can you tell what I have been up to?

Nice looking car I would guess in the 15 to 20 range depending on rust and quality of work done. It's really hard to say how others value your blood sweat and tears. In today economy there doesn't seem to be much value placed on some nice cars. Nobody thinks about the time you could be out enjoying the car vs taking a total piece of **** non driver and working on it for ten years.:eek:ops:

I would pay more if the core support was blacked out.

ok im still in the middle of puttin her back together, i dont think there was one thing i didnt have to touch on this car, i just wanted to take an old rust bucket and bring back another muscle car from the glory days back to the streets. ill try and get more pics. thanks for the reply's,im new to mopar, i used to be a chevy guy but converted lol

no no lol, its sublime green, with k member powdercoated black, steering box black, brake booster black with chrome top, powdercoated drag link, chrome torsion bars, chrome brake lines, all engine bay wiring has been redone with nice wire loom, battery is in the trunk. it looks better than new under the hood.

It looks incredible. Very Very Nice. But you say it was an old rust bucket so we would need to see some before and after pictures. Then we need to see how the rust was handled. Then you need to find a buyer and see how much they're willing to pay you for it.

no no lol, its sublime green, with k member powdercoated black, steering box black, brake booster black with chrome top, powdercoated drag link, chrome torsion bars, chrome brake lines, all engine bay wiring has been redone with nice wire loom, battery is in the trunk. it looks better than new under the hood.

What do you think it is worth?

Beautiful car! any more pics??

Just my opinion .......lose the front wheels. dont know if it's the redlines or the trim rings i dont know........lol......something going on there for me....

Dont think im bashing it...i can only hope my car looks as good!!!!!!

idk take it to california and sell it i jus saw a girl driving a 71 nova ss with 350 all redone interior nice looking bowtie but they paid 11k for it id say urs is better cus its chromed and not to goddi but the 440 is a guzzler might shy some away but id say its worth more then 15 like 18k.

jus think what p.o.s u can get at the honda dealer for 18k or a new fiat 500

I think if you find the right buyer 15k is not a bad price if it was all done right. To get top $$ on old mopars you gotta have numbers matching performance cars and even those cars aren't getting the money they used to.

Very nice car.
I wouldn't trust torsion bars that are chromed though........
Hydrogen embrittlement?
They could be weakened.
The baby moons and trim rings on the front wheels don't look good to me.
That aside, great car.

i would really like to see this car outside in the sun , on the ground , with the hood up from various angles

i was going to sell it for 15k

Doesn't sound bad if you can get it.

Car has very specific mods done to it. So that narrows the potential buyers.

The rust repair that was done to it and the quality of the paint and detail work that is tough to see in an internet picture.

With a metric speedo, where was this car from?

314166_3237658920288_1293403960_n.jpg

yea it has a 200kmh speedo, car came from mexico. still need to install the shifter on the floor, wood pistol grip ratchet.

I watch cars like that go through the lances at classic car sales for 18 to 20 grand, car dealers have money if you want to turn it to cash take it to a sale.

-
Back