What would you do?? Found a factory Purple 71 Scamp

-

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Was driving in a nice residential area where a friend lives and went down a side street ..lo and behold. a sweet 71 Purple Scamp. It has the original hubcaps, white top, white bench seat interior and white pinstripes. Paint is faded and very straight. It's parked in front of a long row of "townhomes". I see matching baby seats in the back. I saw all this from just drving past it. Didn't want to act nosy and peek in the windows of the car. I'm tempted to start knocking on doors... but likely would just leave a note under the wiper if I do anything at all.... SOOOOO tempting.

Was driving in a nice residential area where a friend lives and went down a side street ..lo and behold. a sweet 71 Purple Scamp. It has the original hubcaps, white top, white bench seat interior and white pinstripes. Paint is faded and very straight. It's parked in front of a long row of "townhomes". I see matching baby seats in the back. I saw all this from just drving past it. Didn't want to act nosy and peek in the windows of the car. I'm tempted to start knocking on doors... but likely would just leave a note under the wiper if I do anything at all.... SOOOOO tempting.

Go for it. I do it all the time and all they can do is say no. At least you can get them thinking about selling it. It rarely works, but it has worked for me a couple of times.

i used to have a purple 71 scamp...white top and seats also...had the slant and 8.75 and kh discs...

You never know until you ask. The owner may be sick of having to put the children in and out of the back seat on a two door car. Maybe a 3rd child is on the way and they need a different vehicle. Nothing ventured nothing gined.

You never know until you ask. The owner may be sick of having to put the children in and out of the back seat on a two door car. Maybe a 3rd child is on the way and they need a different vehicle. Nothing ventured nothing gined.

I thought the same thing initially. Show up with a 90's minivan and see if they want to swap.....HMMMMM... Time to check out CR.

a lot of times people are reluctant to get rid of a vehicle until cash comes knocking on the door. when they dont have to make the decision to post an add or throw a for sale on it , a lot of times they jump on it.ive aquired many cars this way.the most they can do is say no. ive left notes with my number and had people call me months later when they changed their mind.

LOL. Thanks for the love. I receive offers from time to time. Definitely not selling, but you're welcome to come by again anytime you visit your friend, say hello, and check it out.

And yes, Russ, I did live near Gladstone--down the hill from Rex Putnam High School--before moving to Oregon City.

Click on my public profile for a picture of my purple baby (taken near Gladstone).

Thanks to Slant-Six Dan for bringing this post to my attention.

LOL. Thanks for the love. I receive offers from time to time. Definitely not selling, but you're welcome to come by again anytime you visit your friend, say hello, and check it out.

And yes, Russ, I did live near Gladstone--down the hill from Rex Putnam High School--before moving to Oregon City.

Click on my public profile for a picture of my purple baby (taken near Gladstone).

Thanks to Slant-Six Dan for bringing this post to my attention.

LOL! it sure is a small world- yes, thanks to slantsix dan for making the connection. Definitely a nice clean Scamp! Is it a slant or V8? I'll pm you with my phone number so I can stop by and we can talk A-bodies.
Mike

I drove by to see it, one of my wifes friends said there was another purple Demon just like ours parked down the street. Wasn't a Demon , But looked real nice..My wifes friends are not car girls, But it was purple.

Business card under the wiper blade with a big $ sign on the back. Im 3 for 4, 3 called me back, and they all said no....along with a little story on how many notes they get.

Business card under the wiper blade with a big $ sign on the back. Im 3 for 4, 3 called me back, and they all said no....along with a little story on how many notes they get.

It does get old after a while. Come out of the store and there is another note on the car. Never know till you try though.

a lot of times people are reluctant to get rid of a vehicle until cash comes knocking on the door. when they dont have to make the decision to post an add or throw a for sale on it , a lot of times they jump on it.ive aquired many cars this way.the most they can do is say no. ive left notes with my number and had people call me months later when they changed their mind.

Yep... cash talks BS walks! You start rolling out the bills in front of them you be amazed what you can buy. Had a friend use this trick and it works. Friend said "Ill buy that car today" I said "Not going to happen". The car is one of those "No I don't want to sell it.... I'm going to fix it one day" cars....... you know what I mean. He had over $5000 in cash .... I wasn't there to see it happen but he got the dang car! Somebody standing there with the pockets hanging out isn't going to get very far.

-
Back