What would you have done?

What would you do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Give it back.........i agree, Karma is a *****! I hope the owners at least say thank you or a nice 10% reward!

Give it back? Not only no but fawk no. The only person who knew anything about it is DEAD.

Return it to the family,that is what he was saving for, My grandparents was the same way but illness between both left them broke.

then I guess you'd need to give everything back that the family didn't know anything about. Bad plumbing, roof leaks, dust, dirt and on and on. Yall are crazy. When you buy somethin, you buy somethin. It's under somethin called a CONTRACT. It's the seller's responsibility to get everything out that they don't want to sell with the house. Oh and there's no such thing as karma.

Return it. Karmas a ***** I don't want to cross.

10-4!!
Couldn't have said it better!

But, sense My children are gone now, like my job, credit rating, and retirement etc..

I would now, sense I'm forced self employed, take out my normal 20-30% finders/handling/shipping/transport fees before I return the rest!!!:study:
Any business spends around 30% for supplies right???
KARMA better not mind!!! A mans got ta eat!! Besides, she would have been just paying me back for my good deeds still owed on!!!
Besides, the article says he got a big reward! LOL!:D

then I guess you'd need to give everything back that the family didn't know anything about. Bad plumbing, roof leaks, dust, dirt and on and on. Yall are crazy. When you buy somethin, you buy somethin. It's under somethin called a CONTRACT. It's the seller's responsibility to get everything out that they don't want to sell with the house. Oh and there's no such thing as karma.
I kind of have to agree here. but I also see what evry one els says..that would be a hard chose to make...I gess it would really depend on how the kids acted towords me for buying the house...I know its been dun to me on car deals..Artie

I'm pretty disturbed by some opinions expressed here. In some states it is actually ILLEGAL to keep property such as money that you didn't come by "as yours." These laws generally state some such that you need to make "a reasonable effort to contact the owner." This can include things like a public ad in local papers.

It would be tough but would give it to the family but would take a reward if offered

I would have returned the full $4500

(oh and for the record the house and EVERYTHING in it belongs to the legal new owner)

It would depend on how long I had the house.
If I only had it a couple of months, then yeah, I would likely say something. If I've been in the house for a couple of years, then no, I own the $45K as well as the problems that the house has.
Having said that, I was confronted with such a situation. My Grandfathers wife was a devote Mormon. Keeping with their teachings, she kept a great deal of cash and food in the house. After Grandpa died, we moved her to a assisted living apartment complex. We packed up everything and put it into storage. When she passed, we asked her family what they wanted us to do with her things. They went through it all, took what they wanted and left the rest.
There was some clothes left that we were going to donate to Goodwill. My wife, being diligent, went thru the clothes and found nearly $112K in the pockets of several coats.
Here we were, her family had the opportunity to go thru the clothes, but chose not to and basically left us a mess. Her estate was quite wealthy and the $112K wouldn't be missed.
In the end, I did call the family, the oldest son beat a path down to my door. He then went through everything again and tore the house apart looking for any more.
My wife and I got nothing, to include a thank you.
We also had to take the ransacked clothes to goodwill.
I just didn't want to explain to my Grandpa why I kept money that I knew didn't belong to me when I die.

Wow, I would really have to think about that one. That's a lot of cash........if you spent it, and wrote some IOU's, is that stealing?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GSXbgfKFWg"]YouTube - ‪Dumb & Dumber -- Empty Suitcase of Money‬‏[/ame]

As some have experienced, no good deed goes unpunished... or at least unthanked. I would keep it.

F**k karma and the horse it rode in on.

Interesting thread.......When you go through the cashier's check-out and he/she gives you too much change back........what do you do ?

The cashier is responsible for having their drawer balance to the penny; any shortages are/must be made up by that cashier. So, you made out a little and the cashier is out that same amount. How does that make you feel ?

You buy a house and find $40K hidden away in the house.

A question of legal vs moral vs legal vs moral vs legal vs moral..............

The answer is found within. The response to that answer shows / proves

What happens if they find a painting or other valuable item in the attic worth $45,000, would you give that back too? Its interesting but I think personally as I would keep the money. I believe its the same as finding anything else of value within the house. Kinda like buying a barn and finding it full of Charger Daytonas, would you give them back?????

-
Back