What year is this /6 ?

-

Townie

Reaction score
Does anyone know what year this engine is? I can't find any more numbers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 224
This is what is on the other side of the engine. The engine that I took out has numbers about an inch high with the year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 173
Thank you Wolfy2U that explain's a lot. My engine is stamped 225 R which means a forged crank. I still don't know what year it is.

The chart I filed away shows longer casting numbers like "2806830", but then it only lists a few early years. Yours looks like a later block (~1968+) since it appears to have 5 core plugs, all in row. Early blocks were 3 plugs.

An early block like Bill said.....3 welsh plugs........

Attachments

• IMGP1579.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 140
What's the Numbers and letters near where it is stamped 225? Also Slant six dan posted a reply to someone a while back with the same block stampings. he told them it came from a 1980 passenger car. They also had the numbers 225 with a R822 which meant it was built 22nd August.
Hope that helps.
What the numbers and letters beside the stamping 225?

Those numbers are on the correct side for the block stamping. Whats' the numbers and letters near the stamping you say is 225?

Hi cjh that block has numbers between the first and second freeze plugs, mine doesn't have any numbers like that. The engine that I took out had numbers. I was just curious as to what year my engine is. The engine block was still bolted to the crate when I bought it for $50. I was told that it had been sitting for over 10 years, the guy that bought it passed about that time.

-
Back