What's a fair price to ....

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Have SBP Ralleye Wheels blasted and powder coated with OE Argent.

PXL_20230521_183320974.jpg

I usually get $200 to $250. for a real good set.
I have got $400 if they are complete (Centers/Rings) and NICE!

I am probably a bit on the reasonable side = I am aging out fast and
my boys will haul everything to the scrapper when I gone!

I usually get $200 to $250. for a real good set.
I have got $400 if they are complete (Centers/Rings) and NICE!

I am probably a bit on the reasonable side = I am aging out fast and
my boys will haul everything to the scrapper when I gone!
I think he's asking for prices to have them coated, not what he will get if he sells them.

Have SBP Ralleye Wheels blasted and powder coated with OE Argent.

View attachment 1716092635

Many factors play into a quote with metal condition being the most important, at least to me.

In a rural setting your choices will be more limited than a larger metro area where competition will basically set the price.

Of course cost will be YOUR main concern but if you get them done for $50 apiece, don't complain when the requisite UV protection is not included and oxidation prompts you to have to polish the powder every few months.

You should take good close up photos of all four (or all five if you want the spare done too) and get with a local shop. They will give you a much better estimate than a bunch of gearheads who live elsewhere will.

Prices have drastically gone up since the scamdemic started and raw materials availability has suffered a great deal as well. "I got mine done for $250" is all fine and good, but WHEN were they done? If it wasn't in the last 2 or 3 years, you can almost bet your pink slip it will be twice that much. Like all of you, we are also struggling here trying to stay afloat.

Last edited:
-
Back