Whats everone working on?

-
I am working on a pesky electrical problem, which i just discovered was a bad variable wiper switch. once in a blue moon, the factory alt meter would slam towards negative and the motor would die.

once in a blue moon, my factory alt meter would slam towards negative and the motor would die. i just discovered the culprit was a bad variable speed wiper switch.

i was out for a cruise and got caught in a drizzling rain. i turned the wipers on (first time in 3 years) and all hell broke loose. the wipers got faster and faster and would not stop. after playing with the switch (moving it a fraction either way) the wipers started and stopped at all positions.

when the wipers did stop, a scarey loud electrical click was heard behind the dash. with each click, the alt meter pegged to minus and the motor would die.

got the car home and pulled the wiper switch out and its connections. all is well now. as a matter a fact, my alt meter needle is now rock steady - a first!

P1010024_50_40.JPG

working on the tail light switch under the dash i have to bend it back into pace an the damn roll cage makes the job fun!

Right now I'm saving saving saving just about everything so I can blow it on the Dart, a 69. Engine trans and an 8 3/4 rear end.

moparwedden said:

and Power steering box and changing from 4:10's to 3:55' in my DANA 60,
plus lots of cosmetics

Any tips on the disc brake conversion?

Building a 408 stroker its at the machine shop -W2 race heads are at Indy Cylinder heads getting the full works cant wait .

I finally have scored my first A-body thanks to my good friend small_block, I just have a few little things to get done on my current project and Im getting started. I have a 400BB/727 all ready to go in.

new 70 dart #5.jpg

Hey everyone, i have never been on here, so here it goes, i am in the process of TOTALY building my 69 fast back barracuda. Its totaly stripped down now, ready for media blasting. Only has a very small rust spot by rear window. From there, 4 link rear with tubs, 8 pt. cage 33x18.50 rear m/t, tubluar front end, complete custom dash, fully carpeted interior, as far as the drive train, Well, I want a 528 HEMI, but you all know how that goes, $$$ talks, wishing walks..I really like 4-5 speed standards, but auto is always the safest way to go.

working on alot of things, need to overhaul my 904transmisson and i also have a 340 in a millionpieces in my garage in the need of pretty much everything easier to count the parts that are ok with it ( rods, roller rockers and rollerlifters) just have to repair or replace pretty much everything exept for that... block need boring out some more can hopefully save the crank, cylinderheads probably a new adition to the junk pile rollercam is in the junkpile to :blackeye: :sad1: just need to figure out what i can aford to do with this pile of damaged 340parts :scratch:

Been wet sanding and spot puttying the '73 Satellite so I can get it painted after Christmas. Also smoothing the seams on the roof of the '67 (used to have a sun roof, welded in a roof section to do away with it...) so it can also get painted after Christmas. Next, I need to move onto freshening the gaskets on the 400 for the Satellite and freshening the seals/gaskets/bands in the 727 for it. Seems like it never ends...

My stereo ! Yeah, just added a pair of mid bass 8" kicker ss woofers behind the back seat and a pair of 5 1/4 in the pass. area behind the front seat. In the front doors just went in 6 1/2 speakers. Had to go to Lowes and get 1/4 wood to mount them in. Now I already have a 12" woofer behind the back seat and 6 1/2" and 6 by 9" speakers thats in on that flat panel by the back windshild. Have 5 1/4 speaks in the dash. Have 2 four channel amps and 2 two channel amps and 1 subwoofer amps, MB quarts. Have 2,600 watts, 12 speakers and one 12" subwoofer-Rockford power T1. Have two 2 gauge long wires running in the trunk to power my 5 amps.No kidding! Also have a Sony 9" dvd player I can hook up but thats only to play my cool Ozzy's rock dvd's, I never watch the dvd, but others can.My exhaust is kind of loud and I like the freeways but I can still have a kick butt stereo that I can not drown out. Its really cool, I hear no horns, rummble strips if I have to move on the shouder and the car shakes at the stop lights.

Hey, I just got carry away, just like I did with the 3.91 gears and headers and MSD 7al, etc. I have a nice strong ride, now I have a great stereo as well. Helps slow me down a little too.

Only thing that stinks is the around 200 lbs of weight that I added but most of the heavy stuff is in the trunk and that helps keep the back end from sliding out. Oh and how much I spent, I shake my head sometimes but again it sounds almost like a rock concert.

I finally sat down and took a few minutes to actually decode my 71 duster project,turns out it was a performance machine with 340,four speed,3.91s and manual everything-just the way I like it!.Now that Ive seen what the factory color looks like Im really anxious to get going on it-its going to get a 408 stroker and thats about all Im sure about right now!.

I'm getting ready to starting working on my '73 Swinger. Its a 225 Slant six, 727 auto, and a 7 1/4 rear end. I am planning on trying to do a Aussie Hemi head conversion, with a 833 and a IRS. Besides daily driver I plan the car for Auto-cross use... I could use any suggestions the community could give Thanks Tim

We just bought a rear engine dragster.

That's why we're selling one of our Barracudas. who needs 3 Barracudas anyway?

67 is for sale keeping the 68 and the 69

I will finally get to use the 440 I built almost 20 years ago.

My main project currently is trying to resurrect my '73 Dart Sport. It's a "Petty Blue" 340 car that has been sitting for 10-12 years. Now I can actually drive it but there's still several bugs to work out mechanically. Then it's on to the bodywork and paint, then the interior.............
Dallas
missourimopar.com

My drivway my house and a 30 pack. :sad2:

Well i bought a 1966 Dodge Coronet 500 w/a 440 in it. the plan is to blow it out . waiting on a friend to call me an take it to his shop to have it back half or tubbed out 4 link it tide the frame to the front new front end going on as in new ball joints upperand lowers new disk brakes on it. i going to put a big set of tires on the back 31x18.5 x15 on back an 15x15 rims. this is going to be the one car i have alway wanted . and one of johns bad *** big block . 502 cu in .so much to do. but that just part of it i would be here all day telling you what i have plan for the car. some pic of the car now.

p8300007.jpg

PB200058.JPG

PB250009.JPG

PB250002.JPG

1966 Dodge Coronet 440 007.jpg

i just finished this one up. '69 Dart with a mild 440/727. little too small to drive , but.....
challenger340s046.jpg

challenger340s037.jpg

challenger340s032.jpg

hope you guys like it, it is 1/25 scale!

puttin a round tube back half 71 duster together right now all custom built cage no alston kit nothing just using there brackets and 4 link set up only and makin our own stuff as we go along here are some pics of the car

My 53 Mercury pick up. It was my dads truck back in the 70's and 80's, he traded it to his best friend for a full custom VW in about 82. It got painted and some custom stuff over the years. My dads friend got in a bad car crash and his parkisons (spelling?) kicked in overdrive so he sold it to me for $1000 knowing that I would finnish it and drive the piss out of it when it was done.
It has a volare front clip, 8 3/4 rear, custom guage insert that my dad made when he first had the truck with SW and Sun guages, Lincolim 6 way electric seat, tilt telliscopic steering colum, C-notched rear frame, louvered hood, reverse tilt hood kit, a bunch of chrommed goodies like the ashtray, glovebox, window/dash trim, cowl vent, ect., ford van taillights, blue tinted glass.
It is getting duel gas tanks, the 360 that is in my scamp now along with a 518 overdrive tranny, an old offy 2x4 intake unless I find a cooler and older style intake that will work, also getting a rear roll pan, newer floor in the bed without wood that will be coated so I can throw an engine block or whatever else in the back (hey its a truck!), a soft snap on cover for the bed, a custom 60's style grill (I have a 61ish chrysler grill and duel headlights that might go in), new firewall and floorboards.
Paint is either going to be the same blueish green with diamond dust that is on the cab and doors right now or it will be 74 ford truck copper/orange with a bunch of PPG sunburst orange pearl along with some of the diamond dust that I have a big stash of.

I have a Mercury tailgate and some misc mercury emblems but if any of our brothers from up north have some 53-56 M-100 emblems they wanna get rid of drop me a line!!!

The flash on my camera died so I tryed to brighten the pics up with photoshop.

front.gif

front2.gif

guages.gif

hood.gif

int.gif

inter.gif

rear.gif

rearfenders.gif

rearframe.gif

rearframe2.gif

rearside.gif

runningboards.gif