What's it worth?

-

old_blew_72

Reaction score
My wife and i bought a project and found out that it is more than we have time for right now. We have a 71 duster 318-3 speed car, needs rockers, lower quarters, and interior, the floor is kinda hacked by the shifter mount and it needs front floors. we bought a 318 for it, and an automatic tranny(not sure what it its at this point), ceramic headers. Also we have a later 70's parts car to go with it. it has space saver rear seat, ps, pb, air conditioning, console/buckets(although we didn't get seats with it). it has a sunroof also. i believe it was a /6 car. we are wanting to sell it but are unsure of what it is really worth. thanks for any info!

That is quite the odd ball. Sounds like it was a highly optioned car. when you say 3-speed, do you mean 3 speed automatic? or 3 speed manual?

The NADA classic car price guides have it around 3,200 to 3,500 on the low side. But hearing that it needs some body work, and not knowing the condition the mechanicals are in, you might get something around $2,000.

Two dollars without pictures.

Very little, unfortunately. NADA may list high, but no one pays NADA, and it's stated that it needs quarters, fenders, floors and interior. That is a lot of time and money to put into an A body to get in good shape. I'd personally top out at $500 with no pictures. Probably $300.

i'll post some pictures tonight, the car that is titled doesn't need all that much work, but to put the two of them together would take alot. but the car would be pretty sweet with all of those options

here are some if it worked

Attachments

• going to get duster 039.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 142
  • duster .right rock into cab.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 146
  • duster right front 1_4 panel.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 142
  • duster look down pass side .jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 148
here is some more

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 131
  • photo 5.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 138
the sunroof is on the non titled car, when i picked it up the springs were through the trunk floor

I don;t see a lot of value in that one. Parts car might be worth more needing trunk floors, rear rails, and whatever else it needs...

Not the best pics to judge condition.

Sunroof roofs are going for $200-$300.

Fold down seat assy's are going for that or a bit more.

318 3 speed Duster needing quarter patches, I'll say $1500 running, or $800 not running.

Any more body work subtracts from price. Appx $100-$200 per repair.
Any needed body panels included on donor car add $50 per panel.

best way to find value-- post up a for sale ad complete with good pictures & description & see what someone will pay. Judging from the pics you posted-- you have a mess.

you have a big project with some parts from another car.. so the potential buyer will have to haul 2 cars & then make 1.

Unless the titled car is a 340 car or some rare version(4 speed) your value is not going to make you rich. Also will need a comprehensive list of usuable parts & better pictures of the items for sale.

Good luck with you sale ,Lawrence

Sun roof helps, 2k

Not for this honky. I hate a hole in a roof.

Exactly, a sunroof only helps to the right buyer, most people I know including me don't prefer a sunroof. I passed one up because it was leaky and a huge liability and probably take more to restore it than its worth. Probably why they are rare, things are usually rare when they didn't sell very good when new.

-
Back