What's the deal with the wheels

-

furyus2

Reaction score
O.K., I have a set of 14" sbp rally wheels for sale on CL. A guy calls me up and asks if they are 5 1/2" wide or 6" wide. Were there two different size 14" rally wheels? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.:happy1:

Yes, their were. If they are SBP they are probably 5 1/2" wide but they also made 6" wide but they are harder to find.

This has been asked before, but bears repeating again. Small bolt rallies came one ONE size only..... 14x5.5"!!! No other size small bolt rallye was factory available..... Period!!

The 14x6" alluded to above is a large bolt rallye from 1973-74 cars, and was only available for B body cars!! Hope this helps, Geof

There is a slight difference in the size of the raised cresent around the holes too.
Much like the 1/2 inch in width, You'll have to have the 2 side by side to see the difference.

Some people don't know how to measure a rim,thus the confusion.
Inside bead to inside bead. A 5.5" rim was the widest SB factory wheel made. Both steel and Rallye.

I have never seen anything but 5.5 from the factory small bolt 4 inch , aftermarket yes .But are available in three sizes in large bolt 4.5.

Then I guess that guy that called about them will be looking a long time..............

I have never seen anything but 5.5 from the factory small bolt 4 inch , aftermarket yes .But are available in three sizes in large bolt 4.5.

Three sizes in big bolt , hmmmm. That I know of only two sizes in a 14 inch and two sizes in a 15 inch. 14 x 5.5 and 14 x 6 ...then 15 x 6.5 and 15 x 7 . What were you thinking ???

Frank

Three sizes in big bolt , hmmmm. That I know of only two sizes in a 14 inch and two sizes in a 15 inch. 14 x 5.5 and 14 x 6 ...then 15 x 6.5 and 15 x 7 . What were you thinking ???

Frank

14 x 4.5" & 14 x 5.5".

-
Back