what's the worst thing mopar has done?

-
The #1 worst thing Mopar did was back in the '70's losing the quality and appeal of their products.

Kind of funny how this was asked as an opinion question and someone is getting on a few of the opinions of others.....:angry7::angry7:

I wish they hadn't killed the slant. If they had put the development money into an injected slightly larger slant they could have used that instead of the 3.9 L as the base engine. I understand why they did it. No body wanted straight sixes anymore but I still don't like it.

The worst thing Chrysler has done was the twenty plus year period that they didn't produce a V8 powered rear wheel drive car. As far as I'm concerned, they have actually still not fully recovered from that. I mean, the Camjunk and Rustang were all alone for so long, that all you saw in all the hot rod rags was "Camaro VS Mustang". There wasn't even one single solitary thought about the Chrysler Corporation. Even still, there is not an entry level pony car from Chrysler. Who wants to belly up 40K for a Challenger when the Camaro and Rustang are so much more inexpensive? Had Chrysler even maintained ONE rear drive car that was available in a 2 door in all those years, they would be light years ahead of the game now. I say now is the perfect time to reintroduce the Road Runner. A bare bones, all street bidness machine made for the gearhead masses that's actually affordable.

Another person with rose colored glasses.

The new hemi is better in every way than the 426 hemi of the late 60's. It makes more power on less displacement and gets better mileage doing it. And, not to mention, it's a much less cranky motor to live with than the 426.

For 2011 the SRT cars get a 480 HP 6.4 hemi.

well that's a good thing that they are using technology to make things better. For it's time the hemi was outstanding, but as we all know times change things

Whoever decided that every Dodge-branded vehicle has to be designed around the cross-haired truck grille is a dolt. Brand image is one thing, bad design is another

Grant

how about just recently when they made the RAM its own brand...pretty dumb. yeah i wish they made an EFI /6 thatd be invinceable!

The worst thing Chrysler has done was the twenty plus year period that they didn't produce a V8 powered rear wheel drive car. As far as I'm concerned, they have actually still not fully recovered from that.

DING DING

We have a winner.

Either that or the 2.2

The worst thing Chrysler has done was the twenty plus year period that they didn't produce a V8 powered rear wheel drive car. As far as I'm concerned, they have actually still not fully recovered from that. I mean, the Camjunk and Rustang were all alone for so long, that all you saw in all the hot rod rags was "Camaro VS Mustang". There wasn't even one single solitary thought about the Chrysler Corporation. Even still, there is not an entry level pony car from Chrysler. Who wants to belly up 40K for a Challenger when the Camaro and Rustang are so much more inexpensive? Had Chrysler even maintained ONE rear drive car that was available in a 2 door in all those years, they would be light years ahead of the game now. I say now is the perfect time to reintroduce the Road Runner. A bare bones, all street bidness machine made for the gearhead masses that's actually affordable.

Agree............

Kind of funny how this was asked as an opinion question and someone is getting on a few of the opinions of others.....:angry7::angry7:

You are right and I am guilty! An opinion is that and I should have kept my fingers off the keyboard.

I apologize!

Dropping the Plymouth name plate

Daimler did that as one of their first acts.

I think the worst thing they ever did was sell out to Daimler. Chrysler was clearly the winner of the 90s, both in style and innovation. They had built between 9 and 12 billion of cash reserves, they were doing fine.

Daimler took their billions of reserves, and gave them back almost nothing except a RWD platform. Picked the bones almost clean.

The little that was left over, was cleaned off by Ceberus.

This is one reason I rushed and ran to order my Challenger, for fear they wouldn't be around to make me one much longer.

First of all, Mercedes merger, please shoot me, I even have a car from then and I wanna Elvis it and shoot it in the block with a .45!

The Crosshair grille looks like sh*t and needs to die. please dont put it on everything. we needs some diversity here please.

And really, dont even get me started on the sacrelidge of losing plymouth

And the new hemi is the only thing that is decent from them

First of all, Mercedes merger, please shoot me, I even have a car from then and I wanna Elvis it and shoot it in the block with a .45!

The Crosshair grille looks like sh*t and needs to die. please dont put it on everything. we needs some diversity here please.

And really, dont even get me started on the sacrelidge of losing plymouth

And the new hemi is the only thing that is decent from them

Well the Italians, Fiat, plan on losing the Dodge name, if my information is correct.

I can't believe folks still get their shorts in a bunch over the current Charger!!

The Charger name has been used on Dodge cars from 66-90 then again with the current car. The current car is much truer to it's perfromance heritage than any of the cars with the Charger name from 75-90.

Ask a Dodge executive and they will tell you it's one of the smartest things they have done.

Just because thay made it doesn't mean I have to like it... Crap like 4-door chargers and putting truck grilles in everything may be a couple of reasons thay went UNDER, BELLY UP, BROKE, PRETTY MUCH OUTTA BUSINESS if the tax payers did'nt bail them out, must not have been to good of an idea....

i totally agree, bring back the road runner, lightweight,radio delete,steel wheels and all. hemi and 6 speed! i do also wish the plymouth name would be reintroduced.

Could you imagine a radio delete car in 2010? Let's go all the way: little or no sound insulation, no carpeting etc in the trunk, solid rear axle.

That would be awesome...

Putting torsion bars right where headers could go, especially on A-bodies.
Exhaust bolts into water jackets.

The ZJ. Not because I don't like it, but because I don't like fixing it all the time.

-
Back