what's the worst thing mopar has done?

-
Ricardo Montalbán. No seriously, not having a muscle car for years, or any kind of performance car that could complete, price and performance wise, with mustang and camaro.

vinal tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHA?!

4529165521_87_3.jpg

modtop.jpg

I believe you meant to say, "Vinyl tops are awesome, and the day that Mopar gave up on them, they immediately went down the tubes."

making the big block & small block take the same trans & putting the distributor in the back of the small block..other than that I Love them....Artie

When reading some of these it is funny to me how some people think the smallest things are the worst things. That's the funny things about opinions. One man's dream is another man's nightmare.

Slantsick... Love that mod stuff man! It's totally wicked.

Chuck

Well the Italians, Fiat, plan on losing the Dodge name, if my information is correct.

Massive lameness. Now we will be stuck with sh*t-T "luxury" cars. :angry7:. Theyll probably drop the Hemi too if they do. The only good thing the new chrysler put out. That flusters me just to hear

Oh, and slantsick. Groovy vinyl tops.

The worst thing Chrysler has done was the twenty plus year period that they didn't produce a V8 powered rear wheel drive car. As far as I'm concerned, they have actually still not fully recovered from that. I mean, the Camjunk and Rustang were all alone for so long, that all you saw in all the hot rod rags was "Camaro VS Mustang". There wasn't even one single solitary thought about the Chrysler Corporation. Even still, there is not an entry level pony car from Chrysler. Who wants to belly up 40K for a Challenger when the Camaro and Rustang are so much more inexpensive? Had Chrysler even maintained ONE rear drive car that was available in a 2 door in all those years, they would be light years ahead of the game now. I say now is the perfect time to reintroduce the Road Runner. A bare bones, all street bidness machine made for the gearhead masses that's actually affordable

Amen!

and they dont have to be bare bones no carpet insulation radio ect.

Do it like the mustang comaro - they have the luxurys AND are lightweight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Caliber, it looks like a 4 wheeled suppository!

Seiously, I think it was in 1960 when designing the 62 B bodies they altered their proportions in response to a rumor that GM was down sizing their products. After that they lost their edge in engineering and design leadership and have played catch up and me too ever since. That doesn't mean that they didn't make some awesome products after that, but they took no risks.

Hooking up with Mitsubishi. I can't think of anything that become good with that.

I didn't mind the Mercedes thing because the Crossfire came from that. I like my Crossfire roadster.

Chuck

IMG00059-20091213-1429.jpg

Hmmmmm? I am fairly new to Mopar and don't even think I have a right to speak on this because I am so new (to the Old Stuff), but I'm going to give my $0.02 anyway!

#1 The Dodge Aspen (It should have came with rust from the factory!)
#2 Mercedes leaving (because quality control went through the roof when Mercedes had thier hands in Mopar!)
#3 Putting something on the market and calling it a Challenger that cost $40K and it can't even beat a Camaro or Mustang.

On an individual "brain fart" how about the decision to make the biggest motor in the Prowler a V6? And they wondered why it didn't sell? They should have had a Hemi, V10, and 360 option.
On a corporate level, not having the guts to tell the union and the government to take a hike! If Chrysler had told them that they were going to shut down unless the union eased their demands and the government stayed out of the car business, they would have been a lot better off.

New Charger should have been a two door and a four door version with a different badge like Diplomat. And everything else above. LOL

Using mohair carpeting in the 40's, gee why not line the floorboards with sponge?
Anything designed by Virgil Exner in the late 50's early 60's
Running almost everything electrical through the ammeter.
Not dipping the entire car into the rustproofing stuff.

Mopar is a joke..they've basterdized just about every model of car they made,nothing they've made since '72 is worth my money:thumbdow::thumbdow:

I see a lot of Mopar trucks, cars and minivans that are about 10 years old that I reall like and I think that I'd buy a new one of those if I could. BUT the newer stuff I don't have any interest in at all. Had a 2007 Charger RT and it was a nice car (but they should have called it a Dart or Coronet) but other than that I don't really want any of their new stuff. I've got a 2000 Dodge Caravan Sport with a ton of miles that I love... just wish I could buy another shortie minivan just like it and not the new one that weighs about 1000 pounds more.

Mopar is a joke..they've basterdized just about every model of car they made,nothing they've made since '72 is worth my money:thumbdow::thumbdow:

Yeah it is, just have to do some modification. My 79 got a 72 340, lol

Nobody says Lean Burn cause its the first to get thrown in the trash, ha ha.

Is anything expect electronics made better than it was 30-40 years ago??

minivans suck.
caliber, and nitro? soccer mom gone street racer.
the newer chargers suck, but ive heard theres gonna be a new one.
i really like the new rubicons, and cherokee srt8.
challengers are tooo heavy.
but i know some of you wont agree but, the 03-05 ram slt short box regular cab 2wd HEMI! ive got a 04 2wd rumble bee, and with the 3.92 gears its a STREET MACHINE!

My short list for A Bodies:

Under-dash access to the gauges, wiring, wiper linkage, speedometer, radio, heater core, and heater/ac controls on A bodies is cruel and unusual punishment for anyone bigger than an anorexic midget. Horrible, and unnecessary!!!

Small bolt pattern wheels (which someone else mentioned), along with left-hand threaded lug nuts.

Exploding 727's (in 340 Dusters)

Crush sleeves in 489 cases that compress further (TOO FAR!!!) in drag racing starts...

Rust-prone bodywork around the rear wheels...

Crummy-flowing 340 exhaust manifolds that were both heavy and had an undeserved reputation as beng efficient; they weren't...

I'm not so sure about this Fiat thing being a bad idea.. Chrysler got some interesting technology (platforms and transmissions) from Diamler/Mercedes. Don't forget that Fiat is one of the biggest car companies in the world.. these are the guys who own Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, and Maserati. They've also been instrumental in bringing the double clutch automatic to the masses. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind a 6 speed DPG trans in the new Challenger behind the 6.4 hemi!

-
Back