whats your car's name

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
as many of you know....all my build threads come with a name....typically a girl's name.

the main reason i started doing this is bcoz my cousin had a salvage yard and there were a lot of mopars at one time (not so much now that the land got sold) so the name system avoided confusion.

instead of refering to "the dart" there was 9 darts out there at one time, it was easier to refer to a name that designated a specific one

as time went on, i really started to enjoy naming the cars bcoz each one has a different personality.....and just picking a name out of a hat wont work.

each car has a car that fits it. and i have adopted a quite lengthy process for issueing a name to a car.

i have determined that all my cars are girls and trucks are boys.

giving them a good name seems to make them more special and part of the family......really brings it to life. and i mean a good name nothing generic like "beast" or off stuff like that.

i have named after old friends that i think about and my dart is named after my sister Natasha who dont live with me, so that i think about her more.

my sister does not know of the car culture and when i told her i named my dart after her, she thought i was making fun of her untill i explained that this is no ordinary car and that its something special .....only then she felt better about it.

who else names your car(s)

I'll kick this off, Edie. The name came about by the fact it took so many times to get right, and the old man who owned the place I was working on it made a errectile dysfunction joke towards it, the light bulb went off. There it is.

I have a Victorious 66 Valiant, She is the strong lady in my life (on four wheels :sign7:) I named her Victoria. :love4:

I name the cars my wife drive also Rani :D She drives Casper a boys name :cheers:

My trucks I name them Truck :thumrigh: My Ramcharger will one day loose the Ramcharger name plats and I am going to have
Ram Wagon badges on it :glasses7:..

Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was cute/sweet how you had to explain
the greatness of your Dart you named after your sister :thumleft:

I hardly ever name mine....but since I am doing a rat rod now, it needs a name. I thought about Paintin "Highway Robbery Auto Service" on the doors. But I think I'll just call it CROTCH ROT.

"White Truck", "Big White Truck", "Gray Truck", "Blue Truck", "The Dart", "Joyce's Car", and "The Average White Van".

Not very imaginative, but certainly descriptive, and very accurate.

One day Dartnut called the Scamp, Scamposaurus Rex, so "Rex" it is. My, I mean the wife's, Challenger is called "Snort". My 1953 International hot rod pick up is "Fitty Three". My '40 Willys truck is "Wally", named after my favorite bro in law. The rest are just trucks.

I have never named mine even though I keep them for years and years. I have a couple that are nearing their 20th birthday with me. It is seldom that I get rid of any personal car sooner than 10 years.

If I choose to keep the convertible I bought yesterday I might name it Vert so that would be the first one with a name.

My '06 Daytona is the "Mango Express".

I have a vanity plate MNGOXPRS.

I had a waitress in Greenville, PA hit on the 1st try.

She asked, Is that your Charger out back"?

"The Mango Express" she said after I replied "yes".

Nobody else has ever been able to cypher it.

I'm thinking of naming the '65 Valiant "VIOLENT\6" after I get it all hopped up.

Then there was Widow Maker. Sold but still alive ! Midnight and lucy have sice passed away and Gone but never forgot them :sad5:

Attachments

• 33930250051_large.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 175
Then "Bitc#" This barracuda gave me so much hell I only owned it for 3 weeks . BTW im only posting the ones ive got to drive lol Car was really rusty .

Attachments

• IMG_8282.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 184
-
Back