Whats your Favorite Dart Generation???

Whats your favorite Dart generation(s)?

• Total voters
-
Ah got it sorry "EH"! Beautiful car man. If I were to build a 67-69 I would hope it looked as good as yours.

My preference from most sought after to meh: 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 65, 64, 63, 66, 67, 73-76. A little weird, but hey, I already have my 68 :D

I will never forget the day my friend and I walked into the local Dodge dealer in Santa Ana Cal, and they had abt 4or 5 440 Darts.
They all had TF auto's.
Me and my friend hopped into the front seat of one of them, the sales guy got in the back, we took off.
At the on ramp to I5, I was turning left when a GTO started to turn right, both of us going in the same direction and lanes going from 2 to 1.
I was going to let him go ahead (as I was in a car that wasn't mine) and the sales guy said: Hit it! Don't let that guy beat you!
Well I didn't let him beat me and when we got on the freeway, I slow down and let the GTO catch up, he looks at the Dart and just shakes his head in wonderment!
Then I left him behind again.
I wonder if he ever figured it out that it was a 440 Dart.
You couldn't tell at that time of night because it didn't have a lot to iD it as something more than a Dart.
From what I can remember, LOL

cudamike13

You forgot the 1960 Dodge Dart Pioneer, Seneca, and Pheonix..

1960_Dodge_Dart_Pioneer.jpg

The 1961 Dodge Dart..

61dart7.jpg

image_large.php

And the 1962 Dodge Dart!

62dart3.jpg

SP03186.jpg

I personally really like the '62.
I really have great memories of time spent in a 61 Dart with a 383.
It belonged to a fellow sailor and we used to cruise in it and have a lot of fun with the girls!
They said it was so ugly they had to see what it was like on the inside!
They liked it after they were in it.
also the 383.
cudamike13

love the 68s but have fallen for the 67s very unique!

71 dart, thats why my 73 has a 71 front clip.but i do like the 73s bbp no wing windows to whistle

In defense of the '73+ models, they are a notch more modern for better or worse.
I drove mine back to back with a '72 and while my '73 Sport is by no means a loaded model, it's vastly better appointed than the '72 I drove. The headliner and carpets are much better, the door panels are much more modern... the car seemed to be quieter and more solid than the '72.

'73s seemed to have unique steering wheels... while miserably thin to hold in your hands, it looks SO much better than the uber-70s wheel that came in the '74+ cars I have seen.

I will agree that the styling from '73 on was compromised by regulations and an era with questionable aesthetic taste...but the "beak" on the '73+ Darts is striking and tasteful. It makes the grille seem more deeply set into the nose and adds a lot of visual interest that the Plymouths lack (though they're ok too).

In the end, I think the look is coherent and handsome. Not as artful as a '67, not as stunning as a '68, not as sleek as a '70-'72...but fairly square-jawed and tough looking and certainly fitting of a performance car IMO.

The biggest visual challenge faced by these cars are the collosal bumpers. Chevrolet Novas from this era are far worse but the Darts/Dusters/Scamps/Valiants also have picnic benches. Has anyone ever tried to modify a bumper to sit more flush? Painting them body color is not a look I'm a fan of... but a lot of folks seem to go this route.

I will agree that the styling from '73 on was compromised by regulations and an era with questionable aesthetic taste...but the "beak" on the '73+ Darts is striking and tasteful. It makes the grille seem more deeply set into the nose and adds a lot of visual interest that the Plymouths lack (though they're ok too).

Its always cool how differant things appeal to differant people..see to me, the 'beak' is what kills the 73 and up Darts for me...

Its always cool how differant things appeal to differant people..see to me, the 'beak' is what kills the 73 and up Darts for me...

Well, I don't like it better than the '67s or '68-'69s...nothing beats the styling that was coming out of Detroit in those years...but looking at the other cars of the mid-70s, the Darts were lookers. :)

The Dusters are a bit to plain by comparison. I love them too but the Darts are a bit meaner looking.

I bought my Dart in the 1990s while in high school, bagging groceries after class. I set out to find the most solid Dart/Duster/Scamp/Demon I could find (and afford). I've learned to love the car that I ended up with but admittedly, it's not the prettiest A-Body! (FWIW, I voted for the '68 in the poll) :D

I have been into these cars for so long it is hard question. I owned the 70 340 Swinger for 26 years so obviuosly that is the top dog, however, I give my eyeteeth for a bib block 69 GTS.

For 'driveability,

A 1969 GTS 383, w/automatic and 3.91 Gears Sure-Grip.
Color X9 (Black)

Mopar Magnum 500 Wheels

th

Favorites

72 Demon, 69 ragtops, 66 Dart wagon, 62 Dart

The Demon, I've got. My DD is a 73 Custom 4-door.

Attachments

• 72-Demon-white-stripe.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 69GT.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Paul Pritchers.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 62Dart small.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_5046n.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 219
You forgot the 1960 Dodge Dart Pioneer, Seneca, and Pheonix..

1960_Dodge_Dart_Pioneer.jpg

The 1961 Dodge Dart..

61dart7.jpg

image_large.php

And the 1962 Dodge Dart!

62dart3.jpg

SP03186.jpg

I personally really like the '62.

I like the 67-69. I have a 68. I have to agree, 58 through 62 altho not a-bodies have their own style. 62 was so ugly it was good looking and matched with the 413 cross ram was a real challenge on the stripe.

Originally my favorite was the 69 and over the years I owned 7 of them, couple of 318's, couple of 340's and an M code in triple black. In the late 90's my preference changed from 69 to 68 after I bought a nice 340/4 speed car. I like the grill, fluted hood vents and bumble-bee stripe that is found on 68's. Had a white 1970 340 /4 spd dart, but quickly sold it, not too much into that body style.

Currently I have two 68's.

-
Back