What's Your Favorite Margarita?

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I pour 2 fingers of tequila (I like 1800 for this recipe) over ice, float a shot of Grand Marnier or Cointreau, top with juice of 1/4 fresh lime. Don't shake or stir anything; just let the ingredients mix by osmosis as the heavier liqueur slowly makes its way to the bottom.

There are better tequilas for shooting, but I don't use them when I mix anything else with it.

My fav is a toss up between the one I just drank and the next one coming......

:rofl:

Sounds close to a "Presidente" from Chili's.

Me and a few others have tried to duplicate those and have gotten close but never spot on.

I'm diabetic so I gotta watch the mixer calories.
My wife thinks she's fat (at 120 lbs on a 5'3" frame), so she's on board too.

We've been using Minute Maid 15 cal lemonade with a few squirts of RealLime.

Not bad for 115 cal total

I like beer.

In a margarita glass with salt and lime. Does that count?

I like beer.

In a margarita glass with salt and lime. Does that count?
Whatever floats your boat. Restaurants around here serve a "Beerita". They serve you a frozen marg in a beer mug with a Corona plunged upside down in the mug. Not appealing to me, but like I said....whatever floats...

An OG Italian is good sometimes ...…..
  • 1 1⁄4 ounces cuervo gold tequila
  • 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
  • 4 ounces prepared sweet-and-sour mix
  • 1 1⁄4 ounces amaretto
  • lime / orange wedge
Moisten the rim of a margarita glass and dip it in sugar crystals (or not).
Fill the glass with ice. Add tequila, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix. Or blend it for "Frozen".
Serve with a shot of amaretto on the side, with a lime wedge and or an orange wedge on the rim.
Some add the amaretto into the Marg.

Then too this …………..
PitcherSMs.gif

3 oz Patron Silver
1 oz Triple Sec
3 oz Lime Margy mix
3 oz Orange juice

Run it all through my "Margaritaville" machine.

"Nectar of the Gods"

Joe T's in Fort Worth, Tino's special, not on the menu. I thought we would be in jail that night.

A friend of my father-in-law taught me the 3-2-1 recipe. 3 parts lime juice, 2 parts tequila, and 1 part Cointreau. Best part about this recipe is... after a couple, if you screw up the ratio, it really doesn't matter!

Believe it or not, I like Martha Stewart's Texas Margarita recipe. Kitty mixes them up once in a while. Here is the recipe on her web site.

Texas Margarita

-
Back