Wheel center color

-

Henry T

Reaction score
Had a flat today and the end of my wheel wrench is to large and marked up the paint on the centre of my rims.Would any one know the color of the paint on a 73 dart rally centre.Any help would be appreciated thanks

This color seems darker and I don’t think they were painted but I could be wrong on that .

IMG_2680.jpeg

IMG_2679.jpeg

if you get a little creative with your technique, if you do multiple light coats holding the can about a foot-16" away, you also get some good texture. at under $10/can and available just about anywhere (ace, walmart, meijer, home depot, menards, etc) it's hard to beat and good enough for me compared to like $30/can for the actual dark argent from resto paint suppliers. here's extreme close ups of a large bolt pattern center I did for my car for my BBP/disc brake conversion before figuring out the distance/dry technique for texture
bbpcenter.jpg

and a SBP center from my old wheels because they were a bit scuffed from sockets taking the wheels on/off, using the dry/distance technique. both were painted using the same can (got 8 centers painted and still have a little left). pro tip: use electrical tape to mask the perimeter, blue painters tape or electrical tape trimmed with a razor blade for the center, that's what I did.

sbp_center.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back