When is it whining?

-
Ok, 2 choices.. Demand your deposit back or continue to wait with already 2 failed time-lines past. There are at least 2 reputable A833 builders out there and hopefully it's not 1 of em.. There's really no other dialog that needs to be said. Its either you got it, or you don't.

Dartswinger70 said:
(all of it here)

Everything he said.

Big.J. said:
There are at least 2 reputable A833 builders out there and hopefully it's not 1 of em..

What two do you have in mind? I think I could say, but I'm not asking what I think.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The faeries hath heard.

I got a call today: 'Here's what is due. It's on the way probably tomorrow.'

Thanks Mr. Faerie!

Just a coinkydink I'm sure. Not that I care WHAT it is/was particularly.

Now all I have to do is crawl around under my car...get crushed by what I USED to get in/out without a lot of trouble (last trans in/out for me was a few years ago.

yay

The faeries hath heard.

Thanks Mr. Faerie!

Now all I have to do is crawl around under my car...get crushed by what I USED to get in/out without a lot of trouble (last trans in/out for me was a few years ago.

yay
Then you should back off the biscuits.

Ok, 2 choices.. Demand your deposit back or continue to wait with already 2 failed time-lines past. There are at least 2 reputable A833 builders out there and hopefully it's not 1 of em.. There's really no other dialog that needs to be said. Its either you got it, or you don't.
I wouldn't send Passon a bicycle gearset.

Yea, I have heard similar throughout the years.. wasn't sure whether it was chatter or realistic.. even worman quit using him..
There's a LONG horror movie thread on here about it. They screwed Matt's eyeballs out.

Yea, I have heard similar throughout the years.. wasn't sure whether it was chatter or realistic.. even worman quit using him..
Here it is. Matt FINALLY got refunded, but look at all he had to go through. Total bullcrap.

Let us not turn this into a bash, folks. Please.

Back off the biscuits? ?? I love biscuits! ...and I have zero intention of turning them on/toward anyone. At the moment. Walker's shortbread biscuits are grand!

Let's keep it G-rated, too.

Thanks for y'alls points of view.

The faeries hath heard.

Thanks Mr. Faerie!

yay
i wouldn't go holding my breath till you get a tracking number.

in preparation tho:

under a hundy with a coupon. your welcome.

also, i wouldn't do a california turnaround with the "spare" trans till you've seen how the "new" unit works out. that would be a series of unfortunate events if their work was crap and they were unresponsive and they had your other crash box.

So transmission is done and shipping tomorrow?
The faeries hath heard.

Thanks Mr. Faerie!

yay

So transmission is done and shipping tomorrow?

So it has been said, so I have been told, so I have heard. There was a 'probably' in that part of the conversation, to be exact.

in preparation tho:

under a hundy with a coupon. your welcome.

also, i wouldn't do a california turnaround with the "spare" trans till you've seen how the "new" unit works out. that would be a series of unfortunate events if their work was crap and they were unresponsive and they had your other crash box.

I have one'a those jacks. Problem is getting the car high enough to get the jack AND trans rolled out from beneath OR back in. Been there....

I'll guess a 'california turnaround' is similar timewise to a 'new york minute'? Nope. Won't be doing that. I'll hang onto mine for a LONG while.

I got tracking info and The Brown Store has it in hand.

So...now is when I start with the breath-holding?
when you open the crate and it's undamaged i'd say you can have a sigh of relief.

but i'd hop to in getting it installed and tested. better to deal with a problem straight out of the gate rather than months and months later when your warranty is dwindling down and it's not fresh on their mind.

also, a california turnaround is a direct return. like a round robin or hot rack.

Seems to me whoever the builder is, is also a member of this site and a viewer of this thread.

There are no coincidences in this hobby....

Last edited:
Seems to me whoever the builder is, is also a member of this site and a viewer of this thread.

There are no coincidences in this hobby....

In that case, 'Thank you!' for listening.

And a repeat: No whine, gripe, complaint intended. I wasn't on the verge of starting one. I had an honest question to start with. Having asked about it a couple of times already, I was hesitant to pester them. I WAS curious about the lack of any input from them unless I asked about the status, and no timeline response I got was ever close to what eventually took place.

A 'Sorry for the delay. Our rebuild requests have gone through the roof. We have had some parts supply issues. We are getting them done as best we can. Now then, it's time for a beer!!' would have been appreciated.

I am glad the beast is on its way. As long as UPS doesn't drop it off the back of a truck, it will all work out (said Pollyanna).

You are very understanding of a problem that is good and also keeps your blood pressure down

And a repeat: No whine, gripe, complaint intended. I wasn't on the verge of starting one. I had an honest question to start with. Having asked about it a couple of times already, I was hesitant to pester them. I WAS curious about the lack of any input from them unless I asked about the status, and no timeline response I got was ever close to what eventually took place.

A 'Sorry for the delay. Our rebuild requests have gone through the roof. We have had some parts supply issues. We are getting them done as best we can. Now then, it's time for a beer!!' would have been appreciated.

I am glad the beast is on its way. As long as UPS doesn't drop it off the back of a truck, it will all work out (said Pollyanna).
Be careful, someone may be waiting at your front door when UPS drops it off.

Putting this to bed.

Trans arrived on time as per scheduled from the tracking number. Container looked as good as one could expect. No tears, punctures, gouges, etc.

Inside the box: Trans sitting comfortably it its foam halves. Sharpies like shift levers were poked through the plastic bag the trans was in. Hard to conceive THAT wouldn't happen. No biggie.

Some paranoia ensued.

With the trans in neutral, I could spin the input shaft fine. I could not STOP the output shaft with a finger stuck between it and the output seal. Probably another no biggie. Put it in ANY gear, and the input shaft would move from hard clunk to clunk, hard stops with a good 30º movement of the shaft. I thought: 1. That's a long ways to move the input, a LOT of play. 2. What's the clunks?

I'm not asking those questions here. They did come to mind as I was hand-clunking it in any gear. The reverse lever was 'forward' through all this.

I would expect a newly rebuilt trans to be pretty snug, minus the 30º movement of the input shaft. Do keep in mind that what I might expect is based on no knowledge of the process whatsoever.

At some point, something changed. I was just moving from gear to gear and trying to spin the input shaft. All Of A Sudden...the clunk-stops stopped, the trans moved, I could feel the 'gears' happen at the tailshaft.

Paranoia: Rectified/resolved. ...or just plain gone.

SO: The trans got here in really good shape (the box). The trans certainly is purty, and it spins around as it should with the necessary changes from innie to outie.

It's going in this weekend. If there is anything to note about it, I'll start another thread.

Thanks to everyone for their input(s). It all worked out well to this end.

The End

Let us not turn this into a bash, folks. Please.

Back off the biscuits? ?? I love biscuits! ...and I have zero intention of turning them on/toward anyone. At the moment. Walker's shortbread biscuits are grand!

Let's keep it G-rated, too.

Thanks for y'alls points of view.
Kitty fixes some mighty mean sausage gravy and biscuits. Jes sayin.

when you open the crate and it's undamaged i'd say you can have a sigh of relief.

but i'd hop to in getting it installed and tested. better to deal with a problem straight out of the gate rather than months and months later when your warranty is dwindling down and it's not fresh on their mind.

also, a california turnaround is a direct return. like a round robin or hot rack.
My wife has a hot rack. Oh sorry. lol

You can attract more bees with honey than you can with vinegar.

-
Back