when you don't exist

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
How do you treat family who treats you like you don't exist?

My wife checks the Obits everyday to see if her mother has passed. Well she checked today and her mom passed away Dec 7 and her sisters quickly buried her without calling my wife and waited almost a month before putting a Obit in the newspaper there. They purposely left out my wife,myself and her grandchildren. May my Mother In Law Rest In Peace.

I hope all 3 of my sister in laws fry and rot.

http://obituaries.news-record.com/o...spx?n=viola-mae-caviness-pruett&pid=155266266

No excuse for that, regardless of prior relations between them. Seems like simple spite. Reminds of the scene in Cool Hand Luke where the warden throws him in the can simply because his mother died.

Thanks and no nothing about my wife, I don't care about me. She is very hurt by all this

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. There's obviously some deep stuff going on between your wife and them. But what's done is done. That's really really bad though. I'd be thinking about some vengeance, but maybe not......people like that never come out good in the end, IMO.

No excuse for that, regardless of prior relations between them. Seems like simple spite. Reminds of the scene in Cool Hand Luke where the warden throws him in the can simply because his mother died.

Bill you are right there is a lot od spite for my wife.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. There's obviously some deep stuff going on between your wife and them. But what's done is done. That's really really bad though. I'd be thinking about some vengeance, but maybe not......people like that never come out good in the end, IMO.

cudavert they will have to answer for what they did. Karma can be a *****.

Sorry to hear,Cliff.My mother and her sister made a stand 20 years ago, they still pay the price.Best wishes.

Spiteful brood of vipers there. To not put obit in paper for any friends either is really bad. Sorry to you and your wife for your loss. I had a good brother home with my Mom when she passed and he was so good to her and kept us informed all the time.

Spiteful brood of vipers there. To not put obit in paper for any friends either is really bad. Sorry to you and your wife for your loss. I had a good brother home with my Mom when she passed and he was so good to her and kept us informed all the time.

Thank you. Yes they are very spiteful.

Very sad. Your wife's sisters must be very broken people to have done that. Please don't let their corrupted values poison the family you have under your roof. Your wife's mother would not want that. Let this be the final time you allow those people to hurt your wife or you. Rise above those who would drag you down to their level. My condolences and prayers are with you and your wife at this difficult time.

Very sad. Your wife's sisters must be very broken people to have done that. Please don't let their corrupted values poison the family you have under your roof. Your wife's mother would not want that. Let this be the final time you allow those people to hurt your wife or you. Rise above those who would drag you down to their level. My condolences and prayers are with you and your wife at this difficult time.

Thank You David. My wife said what she had to when she signed the guest book now it's time to help her heal like she helped me when my mother passed.

That's just mean Cliff, I'm not even that mean. and family to boot. I know from experience how mean family members can be.

My condolences Cliff

That's just mean Cliff, I'm not even that mean. and family to boot. I know from experience how mean family members can be.

My condolences Cliff.

One Sister has Power of Attorney so she will have to deal with th other sisters.

Cliff, I am so sorry for your wife, your children and yourself. Even if there is bad blood in the family this is over the top.

Thank You Bill

Condolences to you and your wife, she must be devastated.I can't believe how heartless her sisters were. ( ARE) .

One Sister has Power of Attorney so she will have to deal with th other sisters.

Thank You Bill

Power of Attorney or Administrator of the Estate? There is a major difference.

Death

• No power of attorney survives the death of the person who created it in the first instance. When a person dies, a power of attorney is no longer effective.

After Death

• Following the death of the person who created a power of attorney, probate proceedings need to be begun to deal with that deceased individual's financial affairs.

Warning

• There are instances in which an agent or attorney-in-fact continues to use the power of attorney of a deceased person. Doing so can have serious legal consequences for that agent since there is no authority for such action at that time.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5474779_effective-power-attorney-after-death.html

Kitty was treated much the same when her step mother died earlier this year. She actually took the call from the funeral home as to the time of the funeral. We arrived 30 minutes early, but the funeral time had been changed and no one even bothered to call us. We missed half the service. That's just the tip of the iceberg. They have gone out of their way to treat Kitty exactly like a step child all her life, when they could have welcomed her into the family as one of their own. Even her step mother showed great prejudice all her life. So sad. Cliff, I am so sorry about all that. Just know that yall are above it all and move on. That's really all you can do.

I feel the same way. And not just because I am in Iraq, I never got called for anything dealing with my family ever. My Dad never tells me when someone dies I find out on Facebook from my cousins. My Dad doesn't like my wife becasue she doesn't put up with his crap and when we got married I can see how much crap he gives me. So I started to stand up for myself and he got mad. I used to talk to my dad everyday back in the states until this last time we got into it and now I have only talked to him twice since May. He even got mad because I didn't go to me uncles funeral in 07, my daughter was born the day they put him in the ground. But he doesn't care if he did the day I left to come to Iraq he would have never said if I talk to you again I do if I don't I can't control that. Sorry for your loss.

-
Back