Where does the S badge go?

-

Jroman

Reaction score
I was wondering where does the S badge go on a 67 Barracuda? I have seen them behind the front tire but also seen them in front of the front tire.

They go behind the front tire just above the body line I have thread started
On here about the correct placement of them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 252
67 and 68 the formula S badge should be behind the tire opening on the front fender.
1966 had them in front of the tire opening. I believe 69 only had it on the trunk molding.
If I'm wrong someone will correct me.

The Barracuda I am looking at is a 67 convertible, but the S badge is in front of the tire not behind. So it can't be a 66.

If it's in front of the tire it's wrong for a 67'

I understood you were looking at a 67 by your post. Only pointing out it was wrong for it to be in front for a 67 or a 68.

It may not be a true formula S. The only thing in front of the opening should be the Barracuda script and fish emblem.

Yeah the S badge is under the fish. It has all the Formula S options like disk brakes, tach & Commando engine with the proper valve covers. The badge for the Commando is behind the tire. The bad thing is the fender tag is missing but they have the broadcast sheet.

65_1.JPG

I plan on using it for a daily driver but I don't plan on paying for a Formula S if it's not.

For 67 the fender tag HAS to read F7. Not sure how that translates to a build sheet.
Tach is NOT an "S" option for 67-9. 5th digit in vin has to be either an E(273 commando) or an H(383).

Tach is NOT an "S" option for 67-9. 5th digit in vin has to be either an E(273 commando) or an H(383).

What do you mean by an "S" option?

My 67 Formula S 273 came with the factory tach as an option. So it was available with the Formula S package. If that is what is meant by "S" package.

What do you mean by an "S" option?

My 67 Formula S 273 came with the factory tach as an option. So it was available with the Formula S package. If that is what is meant by "S" package.

Karl the tach could be had without having a Formula "S". The tach is a separate option. There are 6 cyl tachs out there as well

'68, does this look right

Attachments

• 68CudaDriv2b.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 191
For a 1967 with the right fender pentastar removed. You will have two holes one center of pentastar the large hole and a small hole top of P-star.
Take a straight edge from the big hole using small hole to center draw a line or mark from the center of the P-star to bottom FS emblem stud is 4-1/2” and 6” exactly to top stud. which should put the bottom of the emblem circle to the bottom ridge at 1-3/8 in”. Make a template from the right fender and do the left fender.

It is easiest to remove the P-star emblem and attach the Formula-s emblem by removing the two bolts holding the fender dog leg on and the bolt on the rear fender lip. Doing this will allow you to pull the bottom of the fender out and reach up from under to install the nuts as well as remove without damaging the P-star emblem

Attachments

• IMG_2252 (1280x853).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3319 (1280x711).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 212

Correct, the 'S' Badge is higher up on the front fender, with the 'Barracuda'
emblem above.

8693c0b96ad4594ffacb1bc4a14756f9.jpg

The 'S' Badge is lower on the front fender, and the 'Barracuda' emblem and 'Fish Emblem' are
located on the front portion of the front fender.

attachment.php

-
Back