Where is the GOLD??? WTH???

-
Likely a lot of 67 69 fastback owner/ builders are swapping parts over to the 68 pieces to build their own super stock version of this body. Raising the price of the one year only parts. Supply and demand. People want what they want myself included. I personally have had to pay the high prices to get some things or not have it because someone else will buy it if I don't.
Patience and lots of digging seem to be the best way to get any kind of a reasonable price. The part I dislike the most is the time it takes to come up with the next expensive piece. Delays progress.
I suppose that the hobby I have loved my whole life has financially passed this guy up. But I do it anyways and still enjoy it , just takes longer and cost more. It is my favorite car after all and nothing else will do.
I have to admit I never would have predicted these parts to sell for these prices when I got into this a few decades ago.

Likely a lot of 67 69 fastback owner/ builders are swapping parts over to the 68 pieces to build their own super stock version of this body. Raising the price of the one year only parts. Supply and demand. People want what they want myself included. I personally have had to pay the high prices to get some things or not have it because someone else will buy it if I don't.
Patience and lots of digging seem to be the best way to get any kind of a reasonable price. The part I dislike the most is the time it takes to come up with the next expensive piece. Delays progress.
I suppose that the hobby I have loved my whole life has financially passed this guy up. But I do it anyways and still enjoy it , just takes longer and cost more. It is my favorite car after all and nothing else will do.
I have to admit I never would have predicted these parts to sell for these prices when I got into this a few decades ago.

I hear ya man,
I have messed with this stuff since the mid 80s. It used to be cheaper back then , or is it just inflation. Plus the cars are getting older, harder to find parts. I was gonna just go fiberglass fenders, but have been told by more than one list member they fit like crap. So i am back to square one fixing steel fenders because i cant find anything better.

-
Back