Where to Buy New Parts?

-

Chep

Reaction score
Where can I buy NEW parts for a '73 Dart Sport or any other MOPAR? I am surprised we don't have a thread dedicated to websites where you can buy NEW parts. I know about Classic Industries and YearOne (Summit, Jegs) but there has got to be more. For an example, where would I go to buy a NEW grille for a 73' Dart Sport? I have searched the Forum and Google but turned up nothing.

I understand there are plenty of used items out there but we should have a list floating around here for websites where we order NEW parts like interior, body panels, trim, etc. If there is such a list here please point me in the right direction.

where would I go to buy a NEW grille for a 73' Dart Sport?

ebay,craigslist or a swap meet. be ready to pay big bucks for a NOS one though. no one that i know of makes them new.

not sure if you are new to mopars or not, but mopars aren't like chevy or some fords where you can just open a catalog and get anything you want. especially when we are talking about a 73 dart sport.

Yeah I know that Chevy and Ford parts are like weeds because they are everywhere!! I am just more surprised we don't have a list of websites for new parts. Granted I do not need a Grille, just using it more as an example.

You cannot buy a new Grille, from Chrysler or Reproduction for a 73 Sport or Swinger .And very little is available , so used it would have to be , lot of good ones out there though. And about 10 ads down there is five grilles on the back of a truck for 73 74 Dart .FRANKENDUSTER has them poss has a nice one .

You cannot buy a new Grille, from Chrysler or Reproduction for a 73 Sport or Swinger .And very little is available , so used it would have to be , lot of good ones out there though.

Good to know. I am not against to buying used, just sometimes prefer to buy somethings new.

Where can I buy NEW parts for a '73 Dart Sport or any other MOPAR? I am surprised we don't have a thread dedicated to websites where you can buy NEW parts. I know about Classic Industries and YearOne (Summit, Jegs) but there has got to be more. For an example, where would I go to buy a NEW grille for a 73' Dart Sport? I have searched the Forum and Google but turned up nothing.

I understand there are plenty of used items out there but we should have a list floating around here for websites where we order NEW parts like interior, body panels, trim, etc. If there is such a list here please point me in the right direction.

You just made the list of places.... Classic and Year One...

Dante's has interior and other parts, Stephen's has repro and used, Ebay and Craigslist usually have good stuff, The way you found parts in the '60s-'80s works great also (word of mouth). Thats all I can recall right now without searching for more.

Herbs mopar parts, Dantes mopar parts, rt specialties, columbia parts, are i couple I can think of off the top of my head! I know there's a few more I've ran across just can't remember at the moment. Just Google those name and they should come up

There is more , but all parts mostly come from the same watering hole , just different vendors.
Correct, Pretty much everyone gets interior parts from Legendary. Legendary is pretty pricey though sadly.

Hemmings Motor News published articles titled "60s and 70s Mopar A,B, and E-body Suppliers" in their December 2008, January 2009, and February 2009 issues. The articles listed approximately 90 suppliers and provided a brief description of their primary products and contact info. Some have since gone out of business (for example, The Paddock), but most are still relevant. I found the listing very helpful during the restoration of my 67 Plymouth Barracuda.

Yeah I know that Chevy and Ford parts are like weeds because they are everywhere!!

Chevys and Fords are also like weeds because we smoke 'em. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

As in kick their @ss when we race them.... :rambo:

LOL!

This is a great idea to make a "master list" of sellers to buy new parts from.

Some sites make a page of "links" that also give links to their web sites (if they have one - and most of them do).

Maybe we can get a list of each seller and what kind of parts they carry with a link to each of their web sites. You know a "FABO links page"....

Thats what I would like to see Krazy. If we had a list we could save a lot of time looking around for new parts. Could we get one of the Admin's to build a list???

Fortunately, most of the parts you'll be looking for are shared across several models. Correct me if I'm wrong but pretty much only the tail lights/chrome and rear panel is unique to Dart Sports. Everything else is also used on either Duster/Demon/Dart, etc.

Even your hood is the same as the '67-'69 Baracuda.

Good parts are out there...otherwise, you might need to invest some money in having a part cleaned up/rechromed, etc.

If you are looking for some new interior parts, I have everything from the dash pad to the trunk mat for a '73 Dart Sport. I sold the car before I got around to putting the interior in it, and the guy wanted to go with a custom interior, not stock.

The car had white buckets, deluxe door panels in woodgrain and white, black dash and carpet. I have the hinge covers for the bucket seats, carpet for the console, package shelf, trunk mat and spare tire board also.

I bought some other miscellaneous parts new too. Can't remember everything but I have the side marker lights and 340 emblems also.
Dallas

-
Back