Where were you on 9/11/01

-
I was laid off at the time(2weeks on,2 weeks off).I was watching some morning show,when there was a break in the show.Up pops live footage of one of the towers onfire,smoking,as I was watching the 2nd plane hit the other tower.I was in shock and disbelief,WTF??My prayers go out to all that lost a loved one that horrible day.Rest in peace.

Was on my way out of town to do medical equipment service work. Stopped at a gas station on the edge of town to get a soft drink for the trip. Someone said a plane had crashed into one of the twin towers. I thought, What a terrible accident.
The radio in the van crapped out when I started the van to leave. No radio for the day, damn.
At my first client's home I saw the tv was on and both towers were burning. At first I thought it was a movie but the client and her family told me what had happened.

Just got home from work around early afternoon to turn the TV on and see what the lingering stone age had brought us..

'they' are doing flag burnings here in the states right now...

I was waiting to take My truck to the autobody shop that morning and switched on the television.Life has never been the same.Prayers for all those deeply affecting by that days events.

I was driving to work in my 72 Maverick with no radio, so I had no idea until I got there.

It actually was a very beautiful Tuesday and I though it was a shame to be indoors.

I was in the Boston office when someone told me that a plane hit the first tower. Like everyone else I though some DOHD in a Cessna forgot how to steer. We all learned better very soon.

By the time I came up for air, all of the approach paths to Logan Airport were eerily empty and Management told us to get the hell out of dodge till we knew was going on. The First tower collapsed JUST as I hit the Mass/NH border.

I was QA Supervisor at the time and happened to be in the office with the radio on. The Dj said that "a small plane went off course and crashed into the WTC", then he made some joke about women drivers. My wife called and asked if I had heard. She saw it on TV, but couldn't tell me what kind of plane it was, she didn't know I was thinking "small plane". She told me she thought it was a terrorist attack and she thought they would get the other tower, too. I told her she was crazy and paraniod (I had been told by the dependable DJ that it was an accident, he wouldn't lie). Later we heard about the other plane. The station I was listening to had about 45 minutes of dead air after that. The plant manager closed down for the day and sent everyone home. I lived about 10 minutes away and got home in time to hear about the Pentagon. That plant was in "small-town" Alabama, no one was the same after that.

Remember those bumper stickers that read "we will never forget"? I think a lot of people have.

I was in the Navy at the time. We had the radio on at work. We realy did not know what to think at the time. Just was shocked. But later it was clear. Time to get ready for war.

I remember it like it was yesterday. One of those memories that gets burned into your memory forever. Just like the day JFK was killed in Dallas and when we first landed on the moon.
I was driving to work when they announced on the radio about a small plane hitting the first tower. I remembered the story of a B-25 hitting the Empire State Building after WWII and wondered if it was cloudy or stormy in NYC and they just couldn't see the tower. Then they came on and said a 2nd plane hit the other tower and I knew immediately it was no accident.
As has been said so many times, 9/11 changed our world forever.
62v200, no need to apologize. You're absolutely correct, this country needs a complete makeover back to God and country...and not taking any crap from anyone.
I will never forget 9/11 and will never forgive those responsible.

I was in my freshman year of high school in English class...Pretty damn crazy...When I graduated high school, I enlisted in the Army...

Was in college, woke up early to finish a physics lab. My roommate was already up and saw it pop on Yahoo's front page. We turned on the TV expecting some idiot to have lost control of his puddlejumper and splatted like a bug on the side of the building. Once we saw, we sat down to watch. About 10 minutes later the second plane hit... we didn't leave the couch for about 4 hours, and didn't really do anything at all that day that would take us away from a TV. I've never felt so angry, confused, and sad at the same time.

I remember it like it was yesterday. One of those memories that gets burned into your memory forever. Just like the day JFK was killed in Dallas and when we first landed on the moon.
I was driving to work when they announced on the radio about a small plane hitting the first tower. I remembered the story of a B-25 hitting the Empire State Building after WWII and wondered if it was cloudy or stormy in NYC and they just couldn't see the tower. Then they came on and said a 2nd plane hit the other tower and I knew immediately it was no accident.
As has been said so many times, 9/11 changed our world forever.
62v200, no need to apologize. You're absolutely correct, this country needs a complete makeover back to God and country...and not taking any crap from anyone.
I will never forget 9/11 and will never forgive those responsible.

Yep, I was in 8th grade world history class at the time JFK was killed, those two incidents are burned in.

Back when i was in 7th grade, i would wake up early in the morning and watch the news and the weather. I was watching the news that morning and they showed the first tower being hit. I woke up my mom to tell her and she started crying then we saw the second plane hit. When i went to school that day, we weren't allowed to watch the news about what was happening to our country but we didn't even do school work. We would just talk to our teachers about what was happening and get notified by them on what was happening in NYC.

I was going to work on my motorcycle (no radio). When I got to work everyone was standing around freaked out. Initially I thought it was a private plane incident or somthing like that. That day still scares the sh* out of me. It was erie with no planes in the sky after everything was gounded.

It work at my desk. My boss (at the time) was watching CNN in his office while having a coffee, and called me in shortly ofter the first plane struck. While we were watching the second hit. We both said "Bin Laden"?, simultaneously.

What was the most personally frightening thought for me was that my oldest son works in NYC, and took the subway to work about that time of day. His train passed through Penn Station (which was in the basement of the WTC). I called his cell, half not expecting to get an answer because he was on a subway. surprisingly he did answer, and had no clue what was happening.
I told he to get the hell out of there, and get away from the towers. Shortly after that we lost the signal, and I wasn't able to contact him for about 12 hours. When he finally called he told me that he spent the last 11 hours trying to get out of NYC, back to New Jersey, and all cell service was out in the area.
Needless to say it was one of the most welcomed phone calls I ever received.

I had just started my truck to head to work and heard on the radio that a plane had hit the world trade center. I went back in the house and turned on the TV to see about it on the news. As I was watching the other plane hit. Woke my wife up and we watched the tragedy unfold.
On the way home from work that night I seen a little girl, I would guess was around 7 to 10 years old, standing out in front of her house waving a flag as cars passed by. Like someone else said the feeling of patriotism for the next few weeks was unbelievable.

I was working as a Project Manager for a Plumbing company located on the flight path, about a mile away, from the Vancouver Airport (YVR).

I was still at home, and went in to watch the morning news. I thought that they were playing a trailer for a new movie release. Again, and again. Then I woke up a bit, and sat down, and then the second plane hit.

I stayed home for a couple hours or so, just watching in disbelief. The 25 mile drive to work was odd, with several jets circling above waiting for clearance to land. The rest of that day, and the next were just eerie. I was used to hearing a plane come in for a landing every five minutes or so, you had to stop talking while they were right overhead, they were so loud. Now, total silence. :angry7:

Yup, I'll never forget it.

I was in a Teaching certificate course junior year of college, one of those stay as long as it takes you to finish the work (20 minutes i was out) headed back to my Grandmothers house that was empty except for a tv and 2 chairs (she had passed and i used it as a place to hang in school) i sat and watched and knew It was all wrong and we were never gonna be in the same place again. so funny to me cause that was almost the end of school for me and in the beginning of school I was in class to see the shuttle explode. I am AMAZED every day that our creator god allows us to experience the extreme highs and lows cause with out it this would be one boring life

I was in Mrs. Suddreth's 2nd grade class at Gamewell Elementary, had no Idea what was going on till I got home.:angry7:

I worked for Verizon and I was about 40 miles west of the city. We just stopped for a coffee at McDonalds and saw the news about the first plane on their TV. By the time I got back to the local office my pager and cell went crazy. We lost the Central Office next to the WTC and they were trying to figure out who to send and how to get them there. All traffic in the area was stopped, and my district office was in Clifton, I was 30 miles from it. They eventually let the utilities move in, what a mess! I remember streets 3 blocks away being dug up, when those buildings came down they shook things apart blocks away. The smell was something I'll never forget. I lost 2 friends, one worked in the towers, the other was a fireman. I still want Bin Ladens head on a pike!

I'll never forget, I was covering the night shift on a turbine overhaul at a pulp mill in Baton Rouge and I had just got back to my hotel room and turned on the TV when the second plane flew into the second tower. I thought I was watching a disaster movie till I realized it was for real. I still got the newspaper from that day. I also remember thinking of that Japanese General after Pearl Harbour who supposedly said "What have we done, we've woken the giant". A very sad day for everyone. I also witnessed the patriotism by americans for the next week till I could get a plane home, it was quite moving to say the least, something our country could learn from but probably never will.

I was in a PPG rectification class (every 2 years) and I didn't know what happened until I got home around 5:00 p.m. until my wife told me about it and was watching it on tv. It was a bad day.

I was sitting in the back of the room, in the room by the stairs, in the old East High School (because our school was being renovated at the time) in 4th grade for out "silent reading time".

One of the teachers ran into the room (door was on the right side of the room in the front) and told Mrs. Kraus that a plane hit the twin towers in new york. I remember my teacher not understanding right away and the other one saying it again. We didnt turn the TVs on in school for some reason, but when I got home I watched it for hours. I couldn't stop watching...

at the time I had been in the army for7 days shy 18 months. I was getting ready for bed (as I was in south korea) and a guy that lived in the barracks room next door came busting in wanting to watch the news. After we saw the second plane strike, we got dressed, started grabbing our gear because we knew the air raid siren was about to go off. And it was time to go to war. Not knowing where the attac came from and being within range of the north korean artillrey made for one scary night. The air raid siren never came, we sat in our room scared to go outside. And watched everything unfold on tv. I ended up leaving korea on sept 25th and spent 14 hours on a plane keeping a close eye on the 3 passangers at the back of the plane that were wearing turbins. I'm not one to judge people by there looks but you try being on an international flight 2 weeks after bin ladin took claime for the attack. It was very unnerving. And I would have fought to the death if something had come up. I still get emotional about it. And get fired up everytime it comes up. I felt so helpless, scared, overwhelmed, and angery all at the same time.

-
Back