Which aftermarket Auto shifter to use?

-
But, since we've brought it back from the beyond.....my favorite automatic shifter is the B&M Pro Ratchet. I've had a few quarter sticks and could just never get the hang of them. My real favorite one is the B&M Quick Click, but they don't offer it anymore, plus it never came with a reverse lockout, so it's not NHRA legal. The Pro Ratchet has the best of both worlds. A dead simple ratchet shifter and reverse lockout.

converters

this ia my favorite shifter. operates so smooth and the cable routing is much better then any hurst or B&m that i've seen. it runs around the rear of the trans and is out of the way of everything..

I have a 68 Barracuda with a automatic on the floor with a console. I should also mention I have a Cheetah reverse pattern manual valve body in my 727. I went to the track yesterday expecting some good #'s with the new motor, after spending $80 to get in , (took my brother and kids ) Payin a sitter for the other 2 kids , gas and lunch I figure I wasted about $150 or more .Then waiting 1 hour to finally get a pass in. I got surprised by a pro light (pi$$ed me off left at a idle) was waiting for the progressive yellows , not all of them at once . Then I shifted past 2nd right into 3rd, realized my mistake shifted back int 2nd and finished the run. Ran a 13.92 . After much more waiting time in the lanes second run was worse , could not get the damn shifter into 2nd, it hung up , I was shiftin at 6,000 rpm , so it took me a bit to finally persuade it to go into 2nd gear, meanwhile the MSD rev limiter chip was doing it's job a 6,200 rpm . So it only went a 14.4. After these 2 catasrophies I packed up and went home. Extremely pi$$ed off. So my conclusion is , I need a aftermarket shifter. I do not want one, I do not particulaly like the looks of them. But I do not want to be embarassed like that again. My question is ? What are you guys using ,and which one can I use that will do the least amount of damage to my console ? Of all the ones I have looked at on the net I think I like the Hurst quarte stick the best. The one with just the white ball on the handle, is anyone using this one ???

Thanks Dave .
thebeatgoeson.jpg

aka fastback383.
107_0715.jpg

If u missed 2nd with a real cheeta , u aint got it adjusted right , or ur cable is burned up and sticking , no way in hell can my cheeta go thru secong gear to 3rd , w/o something broke or miss installed .--How old is it , who put it in and adjusted it ?

We have the B & M Pro Stick in my sons Dart and have not put the cover on it yet. Dont know if it will work with your console but we love it. It dont cost to much and man does it shift smooth and easy. Its so easy to use and you cant screw up any gears either. I will always use it as I really like it for the price. Ron

32407893.jpg
Pro Stick x 2

-
Back