Which do you like best?

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
-
4 speeds have always been known to pack MUSCLE since I was young.My 73 Dart Sport is a 4 speed and I love it.It,s more expensive to repair,but I love shifting 450hp,ecspeacially when it hooks:cheers:My granma can drive auto.lmao

Just because I can still shift with my "auto"...and my left foot isn't getting any younger...damb!

Might seem backwards to some but I like a manual for around town (fun factor) and automatics for racing (consistency).

I've always liked the greater range of what the car can do. If you want to bang a gear and throw the car sideways on a bridge to silence the nagging passenger, it can be done. If it's raining or snowing, the level of brutality can be cranked down to keep the shiny parts shiny. A tweaked automatic has annoyed me by hitting the next gear on a wet off ramp. It became a 4-speed car shortly thereafter.

Cliffs Notes version: more control

When i biult my car 10 years ago i used to street drive it all the time, 4 speed on the street was very fun, then i started to race it and started to break lots of parts, comming home from the track with busted up car is not fun, so i went to a auto with a brake, not as fun but the car stays together and i still drive on the street when i want to. If my car was a street only car i would put the 4 speed back into it.

manual

I've had both and it seems the manual is just more fun but if I had a drag car it most likely would be automatic with a trans brake.

Auto trans for a strip/street or strip only bracket car. Consistencey is the key to bringing home the money.

4 or 5 speed for a hot street car, canyon carver and highway blasting.

Auto for a daily "get to work and back" car. I like to drink and drive (coffee).

I like a standard, It seems to be more trouble free, and I am not sure
witch one is lighter but I think I can get better mpg.
And I like to hear my little 170/ bark now and then.=P~
Try and push start an automatic 8)
But I do understand ramchargers view, I had a 73 340 four speed Challenger and there was no where to even put a cup of coffee :happy10:

I learned to drive a stick, My folks first 2 cars I got to drive were sticks. I worked for an Uncle and his truck and tractors were all sticks. All the farm trucks I got to drive for the neighborhood farmers were sticks. some of them had dual shifters and split transmissions. :toothy10:
My first Mopar, a 340 Duster, was a stick. My second Mopar, a 68 Road runner that I still have, is a stick.
Now I'm driving a frickn automatic.:angry7:

Manual trans in all my rides.
Why, because an auto doesnt get better with age, only worse.
I can redo a manual with simople tools. It is also more efficient.
Push starting is a nice option also, but I havent had to do that ever since I put optima batteries in all my cars.
My brothers auto neon gets 28 mpg, my manual neon gets 40 mpg, hmm, no brainer.

I am with GTX.
On the street a 4-speed. At the track, manual valve body auto.

you cant chirp 4th with an automatic. and the way manual transmissions shift when your in it with a good exhaust on the car is enough to make me wanna get naked. the way they sound. rather then a big chunk of loudness put together with an auto. and ill even quote a friend on this. "AUTOMATICS PUSSIFIED AMERICA" manual all the way

I picked automatic. Easier to drive in city traffic. Can drive with one hand and drink (soda) with the other, especially with PS. Consistently smoother shifts. Meets 90% of my driving needs.

Like manual for aggressive driving because I don't like unexpected downshifts. Like the ability to pre-select a gear in the middle of a turn so I can put the power down, where I want it from the engine, sooner.

and ill even quote a friend on this. "AUTOMATICS PUSSIFIED AMERICA" manual all the way

I'll have to tell my racing buddies next time i'm at the track that were all pussies,deadly consistent pussies.. unlike a manual which is hardly ever consistent,and consistency is what counts running the 1/4....4-speeds are good for a pansy street car:sleepy2:,but when you get serious automatics are the only way to go at the track!!!

I have an Auto, but I voted Stick becasue I love being able to make those tires chirp so easy

-
Back