Which do you like best?

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
-
4 speed 4 fun but Houston traffics a bioche,auto with a big stall and a manual valve body If its bad it will still burn tires.

depends what your useing it for,drag racing 4spd's are fun but auto's are easier to drive and more consistant,street driving 4spd for sure.

I think shifting the car (or truck) gives the driver more control. Overall the manual trans.

There's pros and cons to both. Auto for racing consistency. Manual for fun. I love a manual for all the reasons stated, but hate it in stop and go traffic. I'd still rather have a 4 speed in my Barracuda. You also lose more HP in the automatic drivetrain.

Matt B.

My opinion echo's most earlier comments.

A 4 speed manual on the street is much more fun except in heavy traffic, and an automatic would be the preferred trans for the strip unless you have alot of time and money to play with.

I've always been a standard transmission man and always will be.
There's nothing like the look, feel, simplicity and the control of standards.
I know automatics have their place as for convenience, consistency in racing etc.
Ask yourself one thing..... does that lever on the floor look cool or what?
And what gives you the image of fun?
My brothers are automatic all the way but their best memories are driving my cars with 4 speeds!
Doesn't that speak fo itself? lol!
I'd rather have a slipping clutch 4 speed than a slipping automatic. Which is more aggrivating?
my 2 cents!
Tom.:evil4:

Have both 4-speed and auto with valve body. When crusin' a like the automatic with lots of HP. Just as much fun, and have one hand free to drink a Coke. You can have just as much fun with big HP-and automatic. But you have to have the HP

Try and push start an automatic 8)
:happy10:

you cant chirp 4th with an automatic.

I agree with MeMike and Mopar318Guy. I like the looks I get with Hester (my '66 Valiant 200) at a stop light and a rice burner with a fart pipe pulls up beside me and starts to laugh and point. But he's laughing out of the other side of his face when I leave him in a cloud of smoke,
picking his jaw off the floor.:tongue9:

It's three on the tree for this Mopar mama!!
:burnout:

"AUTOMATICS PUSSIFIED AMERICA"

Thanks for the laugh.
-----------------

It takes a ton of talent/work to be consistent with a 4 speed at the track. Harder on parts. One friend call 4 speed cars "leavers".... they leave parts all over the track!

Autos back in the day were nowhere near as fast as 4 speeds. That's changed the last 15-20 years. Automatics = stab and steer :-D

For a muscle car that's a cruiser or street/strip, I'll take a 4 gear every day.
Drag race car, autos make more sense and easier for the "regular joe" if going bracket racing.

now i like both, a manual is fun to drive like hell on the street and i like to drift race so a manual comes in handy for that too, hell ive even learned to drink a coffee or coke while driving my stick, its hard and ive gotten some burns in places no man should ever get burned but its all in obtaining the skill. however when im at the track i like the consistency of an auto and nothin beats havin the auto on the tree with a bench seat in the scamp so that my girl can sit right up next to me and i can put my arm round her while im drivin, i love bein able to do that, she can jus fall asleep right on my side an i dont have to worry bout wakin her when shiftin. its also fun knowin that you got so much power that you can chirp 3rd or 4th with an auto lol

I love 4spds (or more!). If auto's are sooo much better at the track then why did sock and martin use 4spds? Anyway 4spds are the way to go they even make /6 cars fun! I drove the scamp the other day and it was a blast! its just a 2bb /. Tara's dart is also a 4spd and wow with freeway gears and a stock 360 it gets up and goes! Please don't try to tell me and auto is smoother, you just don't know how to drive! I drive a stick to work everyday 50mi round trip and I wouldn't trade it for an auto any day of the week.

I love 4spds (or more!). If auto's are sooo much better at the track then why did sock and martin use 4spds? Anyway 4spds are the way to go they even make /6 cars fun! I drove the scamp the other day and it was a blast! its just a 2bb /. Tara's dart is also a 4spd and wow with freeway gears and a stock 360 it gets up and goes! Please don't try to tell me and auto is smoother, you just don't know how to drive! I drive a stick to work everyday 50mi round trip and I wouldn't trade it for an auto any day of the week.

Firstoff Sox and Martin were in a league of their own,there is no one else that can/could shift like Ronnie Sox..Next time you go to the track look inside the cars,and see what they're using 9 1/2 out of 10 will be auto's and for a reason you WIN running them,4-speeds fun on the street.. autos for winning at the track!!!

Well, contrary to everyone else, I like a 4 speed for racing and street. I do like a manual shifted 727, but it robs too much power. just my 2 cents worth.

Well, contrary to everyone else, I like a 4 speed for racing and street. I do like a manual shifted 727, but it robs too much power. just my 2 cents worth.

That why we run 904's...

Firstoff Sox and Martin were in a league of their own,there is no one else that can/could shift like Ronnie Sox..Next time you go to the track look inside the cars,and see what they're using 9 1/2 out of 10 will be auto's and for a reason you WIN running them,4-speeds fun on the street.. autos for winning at the track!!!

So what are you saying 340srule? Not a very good driver? Thats ok.
We know you can't help it.

4 speed. and if you can get cosistant with a manual at the track thats even better. but auto is cool cuz you can do brake stands and have the abilty to safely run more power

Tyler 318,have you ever heard of Line-loc?(brakestands)??I race with a 4 speed and ya I know #,s are up and down,but it,s great to get the compliments.Just to be different!I,ve never seen a race car that does,nt brake.

Auto all the way.. My 600+ rwhp ram I drive dailey is a 5 spd and I am about to buy me a Jeep Cherokee so i can park it for a while.. I am just tired of shifting gears...

The Jepp and the Dart will both be auto's.... As far as push cranking an auto I am not worried about that.. If you keep the maintenance up on the car that is never a problem..

I voted manual just because I've only been able to drive a manual car on a couple occasions. I'm more into road racing, and in every kind of racing except drag a manual is pretty much essential. Plus manuals make any car interesting; a modern car with a manual is no longer simply "push a button and go".

Tyler 318,have you ever heard of Line-loc?(brakestands)??I race with a 4 speed and ya I know #,s are up and down,but it,s great to get the compliments.Just to be different!I,ve never seen a race car that does,nt brake.

like just sittin there and burning out with out the front moveing. i had forgot about line-loc lol. but manual is cooler still lol

-
Back