WHich Header??

-

67dartragtop

Reaction score
I would like to run headers on my 360.
Can't do TTI yet but there a lot of other brands avaiable on sale right now
Which brand would you recommend other than TTI??
67 Dart 360 Power steering, manual brakes

I have had 2 or 3 different sets of the cheaper ones, Heddman, Mopar performance, and maybe another brand, they all hung low and were a pain. I"m running 318 manifolds on my 360 at the moment. I will probably buy TTIs in another month or so... Dougs are cheaper but you can't run a 727 with them

I'm using Doug's on my '74 Duster. Good ground clearance and not that hard to install.

i had a set of hookers on my 318 for a bit, and boy did they suck had to bang them up alot to get them to fit... big pain in the butt.. i have TTIs now and am very happy with them...

i have cheap headmans, they hang a lil low on the drivers side and barley clear the steering, but don't cost much and get the job done.
no need to haul arse over big dips anyways..right? ha ha yeah...

Id probably go for a set of Hookers.
Go with a 70 series tire and give the torsion bars a couple turns up.

Dougs for not hanging low. painted can be had for around 350-400, IIRC

If you can't afford tti's dougs are the next best,but i've seen dougs on my friends dart and he was'nt all that happy with them,wishes he bought tti's..

I have dougs on my 71 dart with a 727 no issues. I would buy them again.

Yeah, maybe I will just stick to the stock manifolds. I just wanted to stick in a little idle lope cam and felt I needed headers for it to work.
I was just going to throw a cheap set of headers like Summitt or hooker, hedmans. For the price of Dougs I would go all the way and grab a set of TTI

Thanks for the comments

Im just about in the 12s through 340 manifolds. Not saying manifolds are the best choice or anything, just saying you can still have some "go" until you have the cash for what you want.

Im just about in the 12s through 340 manifolds. Not saying manifolds are the best choice or anything, just saying you can still have some "go" until you have the cash for what you want.

Trust me I am a 340 manifold believer,and have 2 sets. But for the price of these dam things lately, your over 1/2 way to a set of tti's.

Trust me I am a 340 manifold believer,and have 2 sets. But for the price of these dam things lately, your over 1/2 way to a set of tti's.
I'd go with 340 manifolds if I had them, but, my 318 manifold ports don't match the 360 heads too well....

in my opinion ya have tti and dougs then the rest. all the cheap ones will fit and work but damn do they hang low.

Manifolds are useless..they were the first thing we removed from our cars and replaced with headers years ago...and now the 340 manifolds are so expensive $300-$400,it makes no sense to use them unless you have too..tti's are only a couple of hundred more..

My hedmans are about to go, rust. I keep reading that Dougs won't fit a 727, but seems that they do. ???

-
Back