which heads for the street ???

-

twotone68

lifetime mopar man
Reaction score
I have a 75 318 in my 68 dart . It has a 904 tans. 8 1/4 3.21 rear and 2 1/4 exh. with x pipe and delta flows. My Question is . I am contemplating a cyl. head swap. The engine runs great, has a Hughes 318 Muscle car cam, hv oil pump ,cloyes dbl. row. timing set,mopar elct. ign.,revanator box,and '87 cast.# 302 swirl port heads. I would like to install either Pro Comps. Aluminum heads with roller rockers or Eng. Quests 318B heads with T & D rockers ?? Also will be installing TTI step headers. This car is my daily driver. Literally !!! Looking for 320 hp. This engine is tight and only has 68,000 Miles. Any Sugestions will be greatly appreciated !!!

I'm no 'Teen expert but I think with some porting your 302 heads will get you what you want with stock rockers. The headers will help a lot if your running manifolds and you may not even have to mess with the heads. Did you degree the cam and what intake and carb are you running? Might post pecs on the cam too.

IMM RHS-x heads all the way! They have efficient chambers and excellent breathing ports to make that 318 a dragonslayer!

I have a 75 318 in my 68 dart . It has a 904 tans. 8 1/4 3.21 rear and 2 1/4 exh. with x pipe and delta flows. My Question is . I am contemplating a cyl. head swap. The engine runs great, has a Hughes 318 Muscle car cam, hv oil pump ,cloyes dbl. row. timing set,mopar elct. ign.,revanator box,and '87 cast.# 302 swirl port heads. I would like to install either Pro Comps. Aluminum heads with roller rockers or Eng. Quests 318B heads with T & D rockers ?? Also will be installing TTI step headers. This car is my daily driver. Literally !!! Looking for 320 hp. This engine is tight and only has 68,000 Miles. Any Sugestions will be greatly appreciated !!!

Which heads for the street??? "This car is my daily driver. Literally !!!" "75 318" "302 swirl port heads." "Looking for 320 hp".

Honestly, the ones you have now? Would like to know the cam specs, intake, and carb.....but a little bowl cleanup, a good valve job, and some thin head gaskets will do what you want if the other components are up to it? Not to mention I believe you'd save some cash in the end...

Which heads for the street??? "This car is my daily driver. Literally !!!" "75 318" "302 swirl port heads." "Looking for 320 hp".

Honestly, the ones you have now? Would like to know the cam specs, intake, and carb.....but a little bowl cleanup, a good valve job, and some thin head gaskets will do what you want if the other components are up to it? Not to mention I believe you'd save some cash in the end...

If you do go with new heads id be interested in buying you 302 casting heads.

Jake

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

The 302's with the right set up are plenty capable of 1hp per cube if that's all your looking for. Maybe up them to 1.88/1.60 valves with a good valve job, and possibly have them cut down a smidge if your pistons are down in the hole a bit.

The rest of your current set up would be a big help, cam specs, compression ratio etc.

-
Back