which impact wrench

-
I have a Craftsman cordless 19.2 impact. It works awesome for doing car lugs and things like that. I do not recommend it for a truck though. I have 1 1/8 lug nuts on my '92 CTD Ram and it will not budge. It zips them off in a hurry on the '70 Challenger though...

I use a reg 234 air impact too remove and a Torque wrench to tighten them.

I have a Craftsman cordless 19.2 impact. It works awesome for doing car lugs and things like that. I do not recommend it for a truck though. I have 1 1/8 lug nuts on my '92 CTD Ram and it will not budge. It zips them off in a hurry on the '70 Challenger though...

I use IR 244 at work as an automotive tech for the US Postal Service. At home I
use IR Thunder Gun with IR upright air compressor. But for portability I have a Ryobi Impact with an extra capacity lithium battery and it works great. I checked the reviews before purchasing, 4.5 out of 5 stars, the good thing is if it dosen't perform return it.

I'm a firm believer in Ingersol rand products; but I have a B/d electric industrial one I bought for taking big truck tires off and a snap on and mac battery powered one and they will and have twisted 1/2 lugs off. I think if I was to buy and didn't have one I would buy a cheap one.it will probably last a week end mechanic a life time . That's my thought.............Artie

I got a electric one from Sears about 20 years ago.I carry it in my Motorhome, 1ton dually chassis. It takes those ones off using generator power.

well, I have had good luck with Dewalt soooooooo I bought the dw059 from Lowes. Stay tuned, I will let you know exactly how it takes the punishment.

Well, no time to change tires, but I had to try it out!!! Had no issues taking a couple of lugs off. Best of all, well balanced and no earth shattering vibration from it.
Now we will see on the weekend how long a life the standard 18v batt's last using it.
:burnout:

well,the gun changed a set of tires, no problem, and then went on a rescue run to change a flat on my wifes truck. Loaded up the jack, the gun the torque wrench and boom, I thought was tire changer at the track, lol. Done in under 10. I have not had to recharge or change out the battery yet.

I'm impressed and would recommend this gun!
:burnout:

I have put my DeWALT through some hard dually farm truck lug nuts and it took a bit of back and forth working of the nuts, but didn't overheat or anything. It's flawless on my personal cars / truck. This was the first electric impact I've owned, so can't compare what might be equal or better.

Attachments

• 20131109_120237.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 150
IR 231's were the industry leader for years beating out the CP734 with strength and durability. We (MAC Tools) still sells a version of the 231 gun and it is still a powerful and long lasting tool. I sold many of our patented #234 guns early on in my 24 year career and there are still some of those out there and still working. tmm

Sorry, I was talking about air powered impacts here. tmm

I have put my DeWALT through some hard dually farm truck lug nuts and it took a bit of back and forth working of the nuts, but didn't overheat or anything. It's flawless on my personal cars / truck. This was the first electric impact I've owned, so can't compare what might be equal or better.

Wow. Made in USA...how old is that?? :D

I thought about one of these.

This one is what I use at work, and again I have had great luck with it too. The difference in this box and my personal one on post 33 is funny!

Freaking pic won't upload..... I'll try again later.
It's a DeWALT DW292

-
Back