which is the loudest?

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
which way is the loudest setup?

haing the mufflers at the bumper with the tips on the mufflers

or having the mufflers in the middle by the drive shaft and having the tips at the end???? they are the duster tips and flowmaster 2 chambers

Ending the system before the rear axle will be loudest for you in the car.

I don't know how it would be to those outside, what the difference would be in the way you detail the options.

Ending the system before the rear axle will be loudest for you in the car.

I don't know how it would be to those outside, what the difference would be in the way you detail the options.

Yep, I agree. I had a system that ended before the rear axle and it was LOUD! I had tailpipes added and it was much quieter.

There is no room to put mufflers at the bumper. They have to go under the rear seat. If you want a quieter exhaust, use tailpipes and a balance tube or x pipe.

well i want it lound becasue i will be using a x pipe so i want to put them as far back as possible with the tips

OK, the system will be off the header into a X pipe and ending at the rear axle?

you'll get whatcha want!

I've also read that having the mufflers before the rear axle is the best for performance reasons aswell, apparently you get the proper amount of backpressure when they are located there.

2 chamber flowmaster will be loud no matter were it exits. Run tail pipes and tips at the en and keep the fumes out of the car. Also a balance pipe will add torque.

2 chamber flowmaster will be loud no matter were it exits. Run tail pipes and tips at the en and keep the fumes out of the car. Also a balance pipe will add torque.

i agree, i used to have 40series flowmasters and they are loud nomather how i listen to them...
yea put some tailpipes on , sure they will take alitle sound away but thats not a bigproblem compared to the risk of getting toxicated..... and flowmaster 2chambers are loud enough anyway, no problem running them at the bumper if you have a fuelcell in the trunk otherways keep the mufflers where they belong in the pockets in front of the axle, that makes the whole exhaust look alot cleaner

-
Back