• 1969 dodge dart (GTS clone)

Votes: 97 63.8%
  • 1970 Plymouth duster (340 clone)

Votes: 55 36.2%

• Total voters
-

yellowdart72

Reaction score
I have a 69 dart that I was thinking of cleaning up and fixing it up a bit and then offering it in the mopar trader for a comparable 70 duster because I am on this kick lately that I think 70 dusters are just the coolest cars ever and I have a 340 duster that is going to be beyond repair. I told my cousin of my intent and she says "your nuts, a 69 dart is 100 times cooler than any duster."

So what do you guys think, which is the cooler car. Now that I look at internet pictures and youtube videos of either one, now I cant decide which one is cooler.

The dart is NOT a 340 car but was a /6 so I would be trading for a non 340 duster, apples compared to apples. Either one would have the potential to be cloned into some really cool features. :supz:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_tvNWBfPk"]70 Plymouth Duster Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3eO3cbpF3E"]1969 Dodge Dart Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 69drtad4.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 885
  • duster-340.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 876
I like demons but a 70 duster is almost the same.

Attachments

• IMG_2672.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 812
Very subjective, and "personal opinion" So far as the "Model A's" I like the 67--69 cars which is exactly why I own a 67. This is coming from a guy who's all time favorite Mop was a 70 RR, and who owned a 64 Dodge, and 69 RR.

My personal opinion, 67-69 Dart. Witch one,is in better shape?
I told my cousin of my intent and she says "your nuts, a 69 dart is 100 times cooler than any duster."
Sounds familiar,lol. ...

I voted 70' Duster.....my favorite A body!

With that said, the 69' Swinger 340 is my 2nd favorite.....:banghead:

It's really up to you as far as the best car & what you really like.

Dart here. I like Dusters, just see fewer Dart GTS's around here so the rarity would edge the Duster.

I know its a really subjective question and subject to personal opinion but the input is helping a lot!!!!

I almost feel like I need you need your help to convince myself to either push it and try to find a 70 duster or just forget it and keep my dart and live happily ever after with it. its win/win but I just cant get past it in my mind.

so thanks for the input :supz:

My fave from close to 40 yrs ago.....

that is a cool old pic, that is exactly the car I have now, a green 70 340 car but its not going to live unless I do some extensive work. The car came from Kansas city Kansas in the mid- 90s and its totally unacceptable to Colorado standards. So I had figured to trade the dart for another (cleaner) Duster body and put all the 340 parts on it (not the numbers) OR forget the duster idea and put the time and effort into the 69 dart which has some issues too but is a very solid, buildable car.

as one who is not as biased. the duster is way cooler, its more refined looking then the dart, and i see at least 4 or 5 darts per duster. now if it were a 70 dart that would be a different story.

The GTS Dart, what was the big motor for that A body? Not sure myself... but the Dart would be my first choice!

I picked the GTS, but only if it's a ragtop. Actually, the top 3 are GTs. The green at the bottom is the only GTS of the bunch (hood).

Attachments

• 69gts1g.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 808
  • 69gts2g.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,107
  • 69GT.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 764
  • 69CNF_RR.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 767
I had a 68 dart 2 dr with a 318 back in 88-89 and I was going into the army so I got rid of it, I regret doing that and also getting rid of my 68 and 69 dodge chargers, but since the prices of buying a basket case charger keeps going up, I got me a 65 barracuda and have plans of keeping it. but I would love to get a dart 2 door from the 60's era.

The coolEST one.

Attachments

• 428 SCJ.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 728
You should have had "OTHER" as a choice neither one trips my trigger anymore getting to popular for my blood kind of like chevelle's and camaro's starting to come out of the woodwork but between the two I'd vote for the Dart

-
Back