Which one is a cooler car

Which one is the cooler car

• 1969 dodge dart (GTS clone)

Votes: 97 63.8%
  • 1970 Plymouth duster (340 clone)

Votes: 55 36.2%

• Total voters
-
I love them both. Dusters have huge rear wheel wells and a short wheelbase. 67-69 Darts are sweeeeeeeeet! I say it comes down to which has the best body to start with. If you could have anything you wanted, what would it be? That is your answer...

They are both really nice. I've had 3 67-69 darts so i'm a bit biased.

the 67-79 dart is the best body style dart and for sure are more rare.

I have a 71 Duster but I like the 67-72 Darts better.

Attachments

• d2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 246
The coolEST one.

Han-Solo-trollface-troll-star-wars-1300627027V-620x330.jpg

I drive the 69' the most, and have owned it for 24 years. But I would like to have an orange 340 Duster to sit next to it, if I could find a nice one. So I'm still torn as well.

Attachments

• P1010343.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 210
  • P1010956.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 208
  • P1010944.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 228
  • P1010934.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 211
I drive the 69' the most, and have owned it for 24 years. But I would like to have an orange 340 Duster to sit next to it, if I could find a nice one. So I'm still torn as well.

this picture really helps leaps and bounds, this picture makes me want to keep and fix the dart. Its already in my possession and it looks so good with red center dog dishes. I was only wanting a duster because the dart bodies are more common in my area but I am starting to think there is a good reason for that. Usually more common means that more people wanted them when they were new, and higher demand is usually tagged to a better product. LOL Nothing against the duster. LOL

Attachments

• P1010343.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 209
Knowing that you and "cuz" have a few Darts, I say why not get a Duster! I also know that "cuz" has a 73 Duster about the place, so her Dart talk is somewhat compromised!!

Now, with that said, a 69 Dart is gonna be hard to part with or replace, they were the best looking of the 67-9 Dart family!! If I was the one thinking of the trade, I would keep the Dart unless the Duster was a 340 car, and the condition would make a big difference in my decision as well!! Sorry to all my Duster luvvin peeps!! Geof

this picture really helps leaps and bounds, this picture makes me want to keep and fix the dart. Its already in my possession and it looks so good with red center dog dishes. I was only wanting a duster because the dart bodies are more common in my area but I am starting to think there is a good reason for that. Usually more common means that more people wanted them when they were new, and higher demand is usually tagged to a better product. LOL Nothing against the duster. LOL
Thanks for the compliments about the dart. it is a 59k actual miles numbers matching car.But all the mechanicals have about 300 miles on it since done. here are better pictures. if you really want to restore a duster, I have an original H code 340 manual car red in color. I just have too many projects. Disc brakes, fender tag and Vin all match. No engine or transmission. I will be putting it on ebay this Month. it is a California titled car.

Attachments

• P1010337.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 225
  • P1010338.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 226
  • P1010340.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 212
  • P1010341.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 197
  • P1010342.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 210
  • P1010344.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 219
  • P1010345.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 217
If you are a tall person, you will appreciate the extra head room of the Duster.
It will accept a wider rear/tire combo if you run into that situation.
It could have a fold down rear seat.
The door glass and roof were a challenge for the time.
http://www.valiant.org/duster.html
Al Bundy had that body style.
What more is there to day.

no way man, this one tops the cake :supz:

hehe i have the merc version of that. not exactly the most desirable, but i like driving it. 4 doors for more... well you know how that goes

started out as one color lol

Attachments

• hoopdie_lel.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 206
  • no_monies.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 203
if you really want to restore a duster, I have an original H code 340 manual car red in color. I just have too many projects. Disc brakes, fender tag and Vin all match. No engine or transmission. I will be putting it on ebay this Month. it is a California titled car.

Oh No!!!!

James, what do you think about this car?????

And as for me, I'm too biased towards Darts!

:supz:I was raised in the Dodge brand since I could walk in the 50's, and was pumping gas by the time I was 10 years old. Back in 1969 The guys with money always had the Darts, GTX's, or chargers. The Belvedere/ dusters were low priced basic grocery getters or racers.my wife would ride a bus before she would drive a Duster. They had terrible rear vision, and rode pretty poor compared to a nice dart. They had a terrible back seat, as I spent enough time in the back of one. They were good cars but cheap by the standard of the day. Darts cost more, but still had a strong following. Today a Two door or four door dart will always sell for more than a valiant in the same condition. Compared to how many sold, there are more darts still around then Dusters. That is the way it was, and is. The same went for the E body. Women loved the Challenger, which is why it outsold the Barracuda by a wide margin. The 70 Barracuda believe it or not was considered homely, and women drove that market. The Challenger had a longer back seat, and wheel base. it drove nicer, and was considered an upgrade. Today Barracudas are worth more only because there are less of them. For a reason. I still love the Duster 340, as it kicked the chevy all over the planet. But it was made to do one thing, and it did it well.In Another 10 years, the GTS will go way out there in value, and the Duster will struggle in comparison. As time goes by the more expensive models always pull ahead, no matter the brand. So, This opinion is from a guy that drove a 67' GTX brand new, and drove muscle cars daily when they weren't worth anything at all. I loved them then as much as today. I have six Dodge darts, one Duster.

Just my humble old guy opinion. :cheers:

My opinion doesn't matter, why are there fords on here. I think they are good cars but this is not a ford forum. But, moving on to it. What is cooler is what you think. It is good to get guidance, but we all are attached to a certain car for a certain reason. If you like the duster then sell the dart and put the money towards making it a solid car. If its the dart that tickles you, then sell it for the Dart project and get it moving. Don't pick one because you have other opinions. I picked my white 74 duster because that was my beloved first quick car was and enjoy the time I had in it back then. I want it to continue! I would like to see what your decision is.

hehe i have the merc version of that. not exactly the most desirable, but i like driving it. 4 doors for more... well you know how that goes

started out as one color lol
Been a long time since I have seen a Mercury Vomit. lol at least that is what we called them back then.

-
Back