who here has so many tools they forget what they have

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
ok here goes

sometimes when im out an about i buy a tool i need for a job i am getting ready to do, only to later find i already have that tool. i have a very good memory, but this still happens to me from time to time.

case in point i recently installed batts of insulation in my sunporch i am enclosing. i needed a staplegun for the kraft paper on the insulation so i bought the usual Arrow T50 staple gun. my dad had one when i was a kid, and they havent changed much. after i used it and was looking for a place in my tool box for it, i came across a good used one stashed in my tool box that i bought years ago at a yard sale for $2.00. the sticker was still on it. i didnt need one back then but for 2 bucks i wasnt going to pass it up. now i got 2 of em. i tossed the packaging and reciept so i cant take the new one back plus i used it.

anybody else with similar stories. i also recently got a whole bunch of standard and metric deep and shallow sockets from 1/4" drive up to 1/2" drive. good stanley proto brand since these fell off a truck near my house and littered a main road. i felt like i was playing frogger in real life as my wife and i scooped em up in between cars passing. now that was an awesome deal.

I have 4 tool boxes at work and home . Sometimes I open drawers and find new stuff . It's like X mas at times ..LOL

You start this with me and we'll be here all week.

This is a TRUE story I SWEAR

Standing in my living room, talking to a friend, trying to get everything in my pants to leave. I look down at the end table, and go, "Oh damn."

My friend says "what?"

"Here's my cell holster only my phone isn't IN it."

"How many do ya need, yer talkin' to me on ONE of em!!!!!"

Need to lay block....got it
Pour a slab...........got it
Frame / Trim a house......got it
Sheet rock / tile..........got it
Roofing..............got it
Electrical/plumbing......got it
Tractor/site work..........got it

Welding/metal fab........got it

Full set hand tools at all work stations in shop, never have to take more than 3 steps to grab a hand tool.
Full set in boat barn.
Tools in all 3 trucks and boat.

Lowes, Home Depot, Northern tool, Grainger...bored when walking through.

Serious tool-a-holic.........I have a problem.

I'm guilty myself, I've gone to 4 tool boxes and I "TRY" to keep one of every tool I buy in at least one of them.

Moving several times in the last few years, knowing I have some tool I need but no idea where it is after looking for long time to find it. Go buy a new one and use it and within a few days find the other while looking for something else.

So I give some to friend that doesn't have one. Or put in one of my other tool boxes. Have 4 roll around boxes, several small carry boxes and some bags with tools in them for the cars.

-
Back