Who Is From Iowa Here

-
from the small town of Little Cedar Iowa close to riceville and St. Ansgar

Iam "from" Iowa. Born in Boone, graduated from Fort Dodge Senior High. I still go back every year. Two brothers around Ft. Dodge, one is Mopar freak with 67 Chargers. He built my stroker motor for me. What is Jay Lenos line???? IOWA stands for Idiots Out Wandering Around . Anyway I guess I'am one of them. Gotta go, the UPS guy just showed up with my rebuilt BHJ damper. Get that installed and head to Roswell for some more racing this weekend.

I'm from Whitten, Population approx. 150 counting the dogs and cats. About 20 miles NW of Marshalltown.

Where is Iowa? I always thought that Des Moines was in Southern Minnesota, Green Bay is in Eastern Minnesota, Sturgis is in Western Minnesota, and Winnepeg is in Northern Minnesota!!!

Just kidding, of course! As you can probably guess... I am originally from Minnesota

Grew up on a farm in Oakland and Council Bluffs area, still have two brothers living in Council Bluffs. The military brought me out west and I stayed here in Arizona.......... not real sure why, already reached 99 degrees a few days ago......

Havent been to this site for a while!!

Got my Dart running and ive been racing in Iowa the past month or so. So--Outlaw and other iowa guys------get a hold of me !!!

i dont seem to have any Mopar friends in town ! :sad1:

Im in SE Des moines

heres some pics of the car (the most VIOLENT--obnoxious automoble ive ever driven) :love4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/solrizzo/front3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/solrizzo/motor1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/solrizzo/deckview.jpg

waterloo here too... what time is that get-together every 2nd wednesday? how many guys show up?

waterloo here too... what time is that get-together every 2nd wednesday? how many guys show up?
I believe they're all done for the season but I'll call Tom Held and find out.
I'll post the results on this thread. There is usually 30 or so cars downtown
on 4th. st. on any given night. Everyone parks at the bank parking lot on the east side (kind of like 4th. Street Cruise on Memorial day) only on a smaller scale. I'll keep you posted. Mike

Finnman1 , I talked to Tom Held today. The last "cruise in" this year will be Oct. 10th. The cruises are the second Tuesday of the month usually starting after Memorial Day. There is usually a dozen or so cars at A&W at Crossroads
Shopping Center before they go downtown. Tom said that Sub City is staying open Downtown for those who want a sandwich there. I usually go to A&W for a root beer and then go downtown about 6pm. If you know any other motorheads invite them down. I hope to see you there!
toolmanmike

I am going to be in the Manly/Mason City area in early November and then driving back to California. Anything to see in the area and on the way back?

Burt, a little north of Algona.

You’re from Burt???? :wave:

What’s your name? Maybe you’re a relative. :lol: I know there was a Lovestad in town that had a brown Challenger. And I think someone else had a orange 69.5 RR.

I’m Mike and Rochelle Scott and J.D. and Mary Andrews’ nephew.

When I went to Iowa State 90-97, I stayed at my grandmothers house a lot on holidays. I drove my copper with white top 68 Barracuda coupe with CA plates or my White 67 Chevy II post with CA plates.

Brian Bengs has a red 67 Barracuda Convertible. It was in the 125th anniversary parade.

My uncle JD

7-17-2006-03Crop2.jpg

I'm from Moulton Iowa orignally and am in Emmetsburg iowa now...taking auto tech..

just wondering about updates for iowa folks any car shows or anything coming up let us know also i am looking for a good mechanic to do some work on my car if anybody knows anyone let me know thanks. have a great summer if it ever gets here!

There is a swap meet in Marshalltown at the Marshall County fairgrounds, Sunday, March 30th, from 7:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. $2.00 gate admission.

I always go because it's local. Usually a waste of time, but I have found some good stuff and connections there in the past. Hard to second guess swap meets.

from the small town of Little Cedar Iowa close to riceville and St. Ansgar

I used to work at the elevator in Little Cedar back in 1968. I lived in town there for couple years and drove a Red 1968 Roadrunner. Tore up the street. I knew Dennis Conrad back then with his red GTO. Used to street race him on the regular basis. He'd win then I'd win so we just kept beating up on each other.
Ed

From West Branch, IA lived in Des Moines for a year then moved to Colfax for a few years, now back in West Branch,---- 20min east of Iowa City

-
Back