Who Is From Iowa Here

-
Born in Glenwood now live in Harlan. We're 90 minutes west of Des Moines and an hour east of Omaha; just north of I-80.

Waaaaaay out in eastern Iowa -- on the flooded Mississippi River, Bettendorf to be exact. Named after a couple of brothers who built a foundry here.

Originally from North Dakota but been an Iowan now for 38 years!!

We (Quad City Mopar Club) have a cruise-in every fourth Tuesday of the month at Miller Time Bowling (corner of Kimberly Road and Elmore, Davenport). Starts at around 5:30 pm. Everyone welcome. Next cruise: 24 June.

Check out the club at: http://www.qcmopars.org/

I grew up in Burt (so far north its almost Minnesota eh). I have also lived in Ames and Iowa City. My Mopar addiction started in high school when I had a 69 Barracuda fastback. I got my 67 Barracuda convertible when I lived in Louisiana. As soon as I can convince my wife of just how bad we really need an E body I will be shopping for a 72-74 cuda. The picture below was actually taken in Burt too.

Corydon Iowa here. Right in the center of waaaaaay south Iowa. 95 miles south of Des Moines and 12 miles north of the MO border.

HEY 496 Dart ...I thot you fell off the face of the earth..been a while since we talked ... how is it going with the car this year?

hi guys i from the des moines area norwalk to be exact i have a 71 dart swinger although my car is located in ft. madison iowa at my parents house since my apartment charges too damn much for garages so it has spent the past 3 yrs in a garage in fm hopefully have some pics soon of my car it was my b-day present at 16 and i dumped alot of money into but it will always be my baby
I remember curtis6592's car I wondered what happeded to it. it's kinda the reason i'm doing my 71 scamp. Hope to see it out sometime.

hey lauger its probably been awhile since you seen it out its alot of effort to keep it up once you get it there i havent had the time sadly but someday i would like to take it back to what it once was even the stereo i had in it. marriage and a kid has slowed that way down. but good luck and throw some pics up for us. later.

just wondering about updates for iowa folks any car shows or anything coming up let us know also i am looking for a good mechanic to do some work on my car if anybody knows anyone let me know thanks. have a great summer if it ever gets here!

Im looking for some work--what do you need done ?

im on the south side of des moines , stop over and check out my Dart sometime ! send me a pm

just wondering about updates for iowa folks any car shows or anything coming up let us know also i am looking for a good mechanic to do some work on my car if anybody knows anyone let me know thanks. have a great summer if it ever gets here!

HEY 496 Dart ...I thot you fell off the face of the earth..been a while since we talked ... how is it going with the car this year?

hey--im still around--been doing a lot of racing---send me a pm--we need to get together !

Whats up guys, finally found a good Mopar forum that seems to be very active.

I'm from Pella Iowa, right by Red Rock about 45 minutes away from Des Moines. I am working on a 72 Dart Swinger, painting it the new Sublime with flat black hood and 6 pack hood scoop. I am going for more a pro touring car but my dad wants to make it like the cars he used to see in the 70's.

i have have a bug up my *** for the hawkeyes this year, beatin my nittany lions!!!!!

Any of you guys coming to Wild Wades Swap meet in Des Moines on January the 11, 2009. The Bad to the Bone racer and myself will have booth, selling some parts and taking orders for VP race fuel if there is any interest.

They have alway put us up in front row of tables the last spots before the end ones on east end. We have a bunch of 360, 440 parts, VP Race fuel, Brad Penn oil and other mopar parts.

We (Mac Tools Distributors) help Wade sponsor and advertise the event.
It's a big show! toolmanmike

Sorry to say but I've never been to his Des Moines show. I started many years ago at the Uni Dome Show in Cedar Falls. (I'm from Waterloo)
Wade allways invites me down but I can't seem to make it.

I went there many times too. Only had a spot once or twice there With Dan Boger and Tom Rouschen

I know Dan when he had his shop in Denver. I haven't seen him in a couple of years but I remember his flyin' Mustang. Do you get to Cedar Falls Raceway? Mike

Race there once last year for the last big 2 day race. Went 3 rounds in Super Pro. Lost by 2 thousands to Rob Livingston

You'll have to let me know when you come up to the track and I'll buy you a beer. Mike

For all the Mopar lovers here don't forget to check out Wild Wade's Swap Meet in Des Moines this Sunday Jan. 11th. at the Fair Grounds. We will have a booth there with many big block and small block parts, Vp And Sunoco Race fuel info and Brad Penn racing oil. This oil is like the old original Kendall Green oil from years back. We will have some 20-50 with us but can get other weights. See Ya There!
Intimidator
Ed Fox
and
Bad to the Bone
Brad Squier

Mason City here. Originally from Nora Springs that is were my shop burned down with my Demon in it.

-
Back