Who Is From Iowa Here

-
Born, and raised in Iowa! Went to school in Webster City. I haven't lived there since 79 but go back every year for a couple of weeks to see family, What a GREAT state!

Seen a few flatlanders (Iowans) here and just wondering how many more and where abouts

I'm from dead moans (Des Moines)

I'm here in Des Monez too. Now Mopar yet, but stsrtoho look again. My 38 Ford is Mopar powered, when finished this year. 325+ 57 Dodge baby hemi. Went with IRS EFI for reliability. It will be a driver. I'm looking at getting another 67 Valiant Signet. I want to do a 3rd Gen hemi for a nice daily driver. I'm a year and half away for that thoigh, unless I find a fantastic deal. Give me a shout.

Thought I'd add a bit more. Grew up in Waterloo. My 67 B-5 blue was my most fun car. Terrible fit on it. Probably should have been rejected by quality control, but wasn't. 440 torque flight, 3:55 hears. Ran hard, but my 69 Rat trap....ok R/T 440 Super track Pak with 4:10 gears was my fastest. Ran 12.60's but never was the fun car as the GTX was. I moved away in 1970 yo the Quad Cities, then to Cedar Tapids in 1977. The to Des Moines in 97. Still doesn't seem like home. Can never seem to find any real Mopar guys around here.

Whatever, that's kind of my story. Am hoping to find a nice 67 Valiant, to turn into. Signet GTX for a daily driver. Tired of the new stuff

I didn't get to see it in person. I was at work and just saw the pics my brother sent, but it looks pretty nice

There is a Mopar only race, car show and swap meet the end of the month at Cedarfalls motor sports park in Cedarfalls Ia. Look forward to seeing some of you there. I'll be there racing my black duster and selling some parts. Tom

mopar Max 2017.jpg
Trying to get the word out. Mopar Max at the Cedar Falls Motorsports Park. (the old Neita Raceway, Cedar Falls Raceway) It's a fun show, drag race, swap meet but we need more participants and spectators to make it much better. Come on up!

There is a Mopar only race, car show and swap meet the end of the month at Cedarfalls motor sports park in Cedarfalls Ia. Look forward to seeing some of you there. I'll be there racing my black duster and selling some parts. Tom
Beat me to it Tom! LOL How's it goin?

That 33 Pilgrim there usually makes the HoodGuys here six blocks from where I live in Des Moines. Nicely detailed hotrod."

whats Hoodguys?? you mean Nicks ?

View attachment 1715090831 Trying to get the word out. Mopar Max at the Cedar Falls Motorsports Park. (the old Neita Raceway, Cedar Falls Raceway) It's a fun show, drag race, swap meet but we need more participants and spectators to make it much better. Come on up!
Looking forward t this race again this year. Hope I can finish as well as I did last year. See you there Toolmanmike.

That 33 Pilgrim there usually makes the HoodGuys here six blocks from where I live in Des Moines. Nicely detailed hotrod."

Ok, so my fingers hit wrong keys.....

GoodGuys Rod & Custom show over July 4th weekend. There now, I even proofread it this time. That's kind of a first

I guess you’re loser than me, I’m 7 blocks from the fairgrounds.

I'm over by wall Mart in Altoona on ne 39th ave., And work at trans shop accross from fair grounds. Lon

hey-----------bring beer-- a lot---send me a pm--------i have a big heated garage,.. lets talk mopars...

Hey guy kind of lost you there. It'd be great to get together on the weekend if possible. That's about the only time that I have, except during the day. I work a 2nd shift position at Principal. Catch ya later.

Bill

hi flatlander neighbor you wouldnt know where i can find a factory sun roof for a 1975 Duster in good shape?

-
Back