who is running a stock slant six

-
here is stocker for now! here is my next project car, best part is i dont have to pay for it!

Attachments

• 1026131316.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 141
here is stocker for now! here is my next project car, best part is i dont have to pay for it!

wow ...that is a pretty rare car ...most people I know have never even heard of a Lancer except for the new jap car lancer they have out now.

wow ...that is a pretty rare car ...most people I know have never even heard of a Lancer except for the new jap car lancer they have out now.

well this guy is becoming a Super Stock/Gasser build with a very radical slant. it was supposed to be the blower build but we decided against it for a NA build.

:tongue9: :blob::blob::blob:!! Very cool :cheers:

I did but have yet to have the pleasure to own one :glasses7:, I hear you :D some do not :glasses7:

well this guy is becoming a Super Stock/Gasser build with a very radical slant. it was supposed to be the blower build but we decided against it for a NA build.
Congratulations =D> I think :dontknow: but not sure... But I would do a blower before a turbo just because it seems it would be a better fit for me and my skills, not so much pluming and and just a good tech advise me on a tune :thumrigh: I think 7lbs would be great :cheers: or even just 5 for my use :D

:tongue9: :blob::blob::blob:!! Very cool :cheers:

I did but have yet to have the pleasure to own one :glasses7:, I hear you :D some do not :glasses7:

Congratulations =D> I think :dontknow: but not sure... But I would do a blower before a turbo just because it seems it would be a better fit for me and my skills, not so much pluming and and just a good tech advise me on a tune :thumrigh: I think 7lbs would be great :cheers: or even just 5 for my use :D

well thats what we were thinking. for a somewhat period looking car the turbo is out, all the plumbing and stuff wasn't what we were looking for. That said i still will be making a blower system just not as soon as i hoped...

I'm actually looking forward to the first female president (of the US, but it depends on specifically WHO!). I respect your traditions or whatever of course, but I still say no one better for this than you.

But yes, what exactly does this consist of, what exactly is the reason for the club and so on, that is the first place to begin. Once that has been determined, the rest falls into place.

What *IS* the club? Throw out ideas. Figure it out. Someone will pick up the torch.

well more than a club I had thought of a slant six preservation society.

a group of people dedicated to the preservation and awareness of an out of production piece of Chrysler history.

the slant six is an endangered species as so many swap them out for V8 s (im guilty of it too ...sorry)

the awareness part is for the fact that this was the bread and butter engine for Chrysler Corp. and the awareness is also for its uniqueness as the only engine produced by an American Company with the unique 30 degree slant.

my own adoptive dad said he grew up around them and he also said they are something people will remember because they are so unique ....he is actually the main one encouraging me to build a slanty as a historical item.

I was thinking of a special decal for members and if Mr. Joey allows....tie it to FABO since we are all here.

OK, love it. Great start!

So, it's called something like the Slant Six Preservation Society (SSPS).

Reworded, you also have most or all of your Charter there (the why) as in "For the awareness and preservation of the only 30-degree slant American engine." or something like that.

And the vehicle (no pun intended) for the club would be the FABO site (maybe), and we would need a unique logo turned into a sticker.

That's the start, just need a little more detail and effort, and off we go!

That's why I had put an add on Craigslist saying I'll take any slant motors or parts that ppl are planning on scrapping. Sadly I didn't get any bites. I did buy one with a hole in the block tho. I'm either gonna take it to a bare block, "fix" the hole, paint it and make a coffee table or else take all the internals out, bolt on a bunch of junk but painted up parts to where it looks like you could drop it in a car and go. Then bolt it to an engine stand, hinge the timing cover, torch out the block behind tge cover and line it with flashing or something, set it out by the road and use it for a mailbox! Try hitting that with a car!! Lol! :burnout:

sooooooo ...anyone picking up on the slant six club idea .......im waiting to hear something from someone. :D ***crickets****

There is already a slant six club, think its called "Slant Six Club of America"

my dad relayed a story to me that when he was in the army in the early 70s ....he was stationed in Alabama and had a army buddy whose dad gave him a Valiant with a slant six. It was an early valiant with a push button auto (he believes it was a road toad)

anyway this buddy of his did not prefer the valiant and he didn't think it was the right car to have to attract the ladies they were chasing..... so he got the idea that if the engine in the valiant blew up, then his dad would give him another car ....perhaps a more "attractive" car.

so my dad says he was with this buddy when he deliberately tried to blow up the slant six by over revving it, neutral dropping and doing whatever atrocity he could think of to make the slant six blow up.

well after a month of this hard abuse, they got stationed over seas and he ended up giving the valiant back to his dad and it still ran great.

so even after deliberate abuse to the engine and the car, the Valiant and slant six were indestructible to them and the father ended up driving that valiant into the 80s with no problems.

So, it's called something like the Slant Six Preservation Society (SSPS).

I like it! SSPS like the sound of a tire leaking but it is cool. I am in too! Did you see the decal from another thread that is running? I like the decal too!

How is this for stock? :glasses7:

Took all these last Saturday except for the last pic....1964 Fury 225 with 28,000 actual miles, all unrestored :D

Attachments

• DSC00053.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00055.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00056.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00059.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC00054.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00057.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00061.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00062.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 383.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 104
yea ....that fury is pretty awesome the way it is.

so many people are tossing bench seats for buckets (im guilty of it too)

but really once you drive a car with a bench its hard to want buckets anymore ....I like the bench because in my dart the bench sat up higher than the buckets which was a big help to me since im short. and the bench is handy ....I like to keep my purse and stuff next to me so with a bench I can keep my stuff handy. consoles really get in the way and take up a bunch of space. and buckets with no console like my dart are not really a handy set up.

-
Back