who is running a stock slant six

-
I'd love that 64 Fury too. I have a slant 6 question. My battery grounds to the water pump. Is that correct? It seems strange.

Thanks for posting pics for me Keith, the 64 is sporting origional 63 date coded plug wires yet

YELLOW,I have seen grounds from the battery in several places.A car without a/c or p/s usually goes to a boss at the block that is used to mount the p/s and or a/c brackets. My 67 Dart that had both, the ground went to the p/s bracket.

its a Plymouth division hub cap that says Fabo Division instead with a slant six intake manifold drawn in the middle....im sure it can refined but just a quick drawing to illustrate what is on my brain :-?

what do you guys think of the "Logo"(rough draft version only)......im open to ideas :neutral:

not even sure if Mr. Joey would let us do this and use "FABO" in our decal

Attachments

• CIMG3309.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 145
Thats cool! Boy when you get your head into something you keep going. That is so creative that I can tell you are giving this a lot of thought. I like it!

Just a thought.......if maybe you could just outline this and make a sillhouette of a slanty. Maybe even eliminate the alternator too.
slant-six.jpg

YELLOW,I have seen grounds from the battery in several places.A car without a/c or p/s usually goes to a boss at the block that is used to mount the p/s and or a/c brackets. My 67 Dart that had both, the ground went to the p/s bracket.

HA ....you made me check two of them I have and they are both in the same place ....I have never had an A-body with P/S or A/C so I don't know how a Power steering bracket looks on there but I am assuming the power steering would use the two unused bolt holes towards the front.

Attachments

• CIMG3310.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 124
  • CIMG3311.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 107
Thanks RaniDart70 for the photos. As of today, my battery is grounded to the bolt that attaches the starter to the block.

What looks better ??????...........................:D

Attachments

• IMGP0374.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMGP0424.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 95
My 170 is not original to my '65 but is all stock. Still runs decent but it whipped. I've messed with the valve lash and carb, and the ignition is recurved but still with the stock points anmd it's peppier but you really don't feel it pull until it's revving. There's just not enough grunt left in her at this point. She can't even turn one skinny tire from a dead stop, on my gravel driveway. I also upgraded the charging system to the later dual field. I traded a 360 for it's replacement - a '71 225. I've got the Offy 4bbl for it and plan some internal mods before it goes in the car with a manual trans behind it (car is auto now). I'm still looking for a few things and there's other work ahead of that car but that's the plan anyway.

-
Back