Who on here has used Galen's services?

-
I agree with crackedback. On top of this. i have 4 friends that had hims services done on there cars and every one was wrong. they all tried calling he left messages. He never called any one back. They all had to call there credit card company and do a stop payment.

Here's one better. Over the past year. I meet a guy how lives one town over form me. He hired Galen to go inspect a car for him. The car is a 69 Dart GTS 383 for $35,000. Galen charge him 1800 for his service. Galen said the Dart was nice and worth it. So the guy bought the Dart. When the Dart was delivered to guy house, the guy was not happy with it. He ask me to take a look at it. I went over to his house and looked it over. All I will say is that the car was or is worth tops 15,000. Galen f*%k him bad. This was a year ago.

I would never use him. I herd more bad them good.

I have used Galen's services before and use his Parts Interchange Book quite a bit. He is slow at times but if you know that going in it shouldn't bother you. A lot of people bad mouth Galen for his services but I wonder how many of those people have dirrectly or indirectly benefited from information gathered in these booklets.

Way back in the 80s he was a member of MMCI. After I joined, I sent a copy of my 65 Dart's build sheet to him and he decoded it for nothing, zilch, nada. Of course that was before he became the "guru of numbers". His decode was spot on btw.

I am sure that he is overwhelmed with requests for services being that there is one of him and a ton of us. I kind of wonder if he has seen so many out of the ordinary Mopars, if the routine stuff that gets sent in is kind of mundane. It must be nice for him to come across something that is fairly rare, he was no aware of, and that contributes to the overall advancement of the sport...I know that it would be cool if someone sent in some info about a Savage GT out of the blue...that would be exiting I would think...

I certainly appreciate everyone's input. I am trying to gather data about my car and collect things to go with it.

I got ahold of an 1969 owner's manual
I sent to Chrys Hist, they told me they have nothing on file for 69's but they sent a nice letter and some information they did have on file...like a magazine article or write-up of the 69s.

When I bought the car, I was clinging to hope that there would be a broadcast sheet....seems like it was long gone. Any other ideas of things that I may want to search around for that compliments my car (1969 Cuda)? I know people put together cool displays and things at car shows, but I was not thinking that fancy, just something to throw in a binder in document protectors.

As a fan of these cars, I just think that it is cool to have as much ancillary info as you can muster about the car. Makes for good stories at the cruise-ins and doesn't add value to anyone but me IMHO. For me, it just paints a more accurate of pic of the car. I have done my homework at this point from other sites with regards to numbers and decoding, it was my own curiousity if Galen already had my car in his database or not.

It would be nice if he would pass that info along to someone who can manage the business aspect of it better. I know that you can't pass along what is in your head, but it would free him up to do more of the higher end, jet-setting stuff.

I have used Galen's services before and use his Parts Interchange Book quite a bit. He is slow at times but if you know that going in it shouldn't bother you. A lot of people bad mouth Galen for his services but I wonder how many of those people have dirrectly or indirectly benefited from information gathered in these booklets.

just be careful with his books, not all the information is correct!

I realise I am new here but this post caught my eye, I have had first hand dealing with GG and as far as I'm concerned he is an untrustworthy snake. He screwed me good and I will never forget it, and I'm talking good here like to the tune of $20,000. I dont dwell on it any longer cause this stuff just makes you old before your time, beware.

I've used his services, I made my my appointment with his secretary, he called me back on time. His services are not cheep, but the knowledge that he's aquired over the years his worth something, he's made it his living and passion. Some think that worth nothing. try going to the doctors and not pay for it....just my opinion

Ran into a few years ago at a Mopar show up here in the Pacific NW- was over w/a friend (who has a very nice Spirit R/T) in the FWD section and GG gave a glance over at the car, my buddy exchanged a word or two w/him, and then I heard my buddy say "What an a-hole." Apparently, GG didn't care for the Spirit R/T or any of the FWD stuff and said something. I'm not a huge fan of the FWD performance stuff, but for God's sake, when your business is Mopar decoding and a fan of said cars says something- no matter your opinion- don't be an ***. After all, it was the K-cars that saved Mopar, not our older stuff. Kinda like when the Ford guys only consider Mustangs and Cobra's the only 'real' Shelbys...if it weren't for Iaccoca, Shelby would probably have never returned- SA was bankrupt in the '70's and Carroll spent some time living in Rhodesia. Attitude and zero tact, Galen Govier

-
Back