Why I can't buy a Tesla

-
Yeah. My jealousy cup runneth over in these winter months.

They say that it just makes more appreciation to summer months? I say. "Loser talk!" The only nice thing is that are summers are not over baring heat repressive. But as I get older? My tolerance for the extreme cold is getting less. And high temps/humidity is not bothering me as bad.
Same Here, just other side of the coin. I'd dig heading North for the Summer, and Winter here is usually Beautiful, for the most part

Will these charging stations for cars have enough capacity to charge the 10 to 20 cars compared to what I see every time I’m at a gas station. Or will we have a three hour wait just to get a charge. Let alone the charge itself.

Tesla? Hey I have a question or two. Does the a/c compressor run off it's own electric motor? How much power does that consume and how good does it work? Same with the heater. Toaster ribbons take a bit of current It's -20° outside and the heater had better be designed with some overkill or I am going to freeze. Heated seats and wheel only do so much.
I think part of the heater operates from heat generated by the electronics/ battery. No idea on the AC. I assume it's a battery powered compressor

I think part of the heater operates from heat generated by the electronics/ battery. No idea on the AC. I assume it's a battery powered compressor
My Bud had a few Ford Escapes... I helped put a Battery in. I wanna say almost 2g used, BUT, the a/c was piped to the rear batt compartment. And it was it's Own deal. HAD TO HAVE IT, according to him

I had a ride in a 1905 Columbus all electric car. Gorgeous car. Body was wood and painted black with leather fenders. White tires and was steered by a tiller.
24 volt and just a little hum while driving. Amazing torque!!
Just a passing fancy I think as they didn't last very long.
Wondering if this fad will just die a slow death and leave all these EV cars in the boneyard with a mess of thousands of batteries and wondering how to deal with them.
Once again the wool was pulled over the publics eye and a few people got stinking rich and laughing all the way to the bank.

I was reading about submarines the other day and was surprised to learn, some of the finest submarines in the world are made in Virginia at a company called EB. (Electric Boat Company)

They company was founded way back in 1908 or so (IIRC).

They started building small fully electric and diesel electric pleasure yachts for the super wealthy.

I wouldn't mind taking a tesla down the cost on HWY1 and beating it like a rented mule.

Its a fun road for a car that can hold corners and has torque. I hear thats two things those ugly S.B.s can do well.

I bet it would be a great drive, altho when im out there doing it I never see any?
My guess is its to far from charging.

I have almost run out of gas out there a few times and boy you start sucken that seat cover up the butt. (Its like if I have enough anxiety, I can levitate over the seat and pick up some MPG) There is no cell service, and nothing but cliffs and ocean for a big part of it.

:steering:

I was reading about submarines the other day and was surprised to learn, some of the finest submarines in the world are made in Virginia at a company called EB. (Electric Boat Company)

They started building small fully electric and diesel electric pleasure yachts for the super wealthy.

I wouldn't mind taking a tesla down the cost on HWY1 and beating it like a rented mule.

Its a fun road for a car that can hold corners and has torque. I hear thats two things those ugly S.B.s can do well.

I bet it would be a great drive, altho when im out there doing it I never see any?

I have almost run out of gas out there a few times and boy you start sucken that seat cover up the butt. (Its like if I have enough anxiety, I can levitate over the seat and pick up some MPG) There is no cell service, and nothing but cliffs and ocean for a big part of it.

James Dean?

Goigle says a bit inland. Just past the 101 on hwy 41.

HWY1 is a such a good drive.

Most of the area is in accessible so its all undisturbed. Its beautiful.

During the lock down I made some good runs out there.

Last edited:
I was reading about submarines the other day :steering:

If you also read up on submarines (pre nuke) they were dangerous, smelly, and had short range underwater. The batteries were incredibly dangerous, read that, deadly, and TOOK TIIME to recharge.........with diesel power. Now transpose some of that into your "new Tesla."
Maybe not quite so dangerous or smelly, but still short range, and takes time to recharge. The difference is, "most Teslas" don't have a diesl genset on board LOLOL

On a side note, I once visited a friend in port who was in training on one of the last diesel "fleet" subs in the '70's. That can had been in port for weeks, with all hatches and doors open that were safe to be open, and STILL smelled like a combination of battery acid, vomit, ****, stale food and sweat.

Yeee Hawww!

If you also read up on submarines (pre nuke) they were dangerous, smelly, and had short range underwater. The batteries were incredibly dangerous, read that, deadly, and TOOK TIIME to recharge.........with diesel power. Now transpose some of that into your "new Tesla."
Maybe not quite so dangerous or smelly, but still short range, and takes time to recharge. The difference is, "most Teslas" don't have a diesl genset on board LOLOL

On a side note, I once visited a friend in port who was in training on one of the last diesel "fleet" subs in the '70's. That can had been in port for weeks, with all hatches and doors open that were safe to be open, and STILL smelled like a combination of battery acid, vomit, ****, stale food and sweat.
There is a huge difference between lead acid batteries and lithium ion much like a P 51 and a F 35

Lithium is one of the most abundant elements on earth. But in the near future? Lithium will be obsolete. Its just the best in market storage designs today.

maybe but still requires coal to recharge it.

If we were smart we would get our asses and get nuclear power plants all over the place.

maybe but still requires coal to recharge it.

If we were smart we would get our asses and get nuclear power plants all over the place.
The problem with nuclear energy? Is not its dangers. Today's design is 100x safer. But the are EXPENSIVE. The most $ per watt. But if we want to replace coal/oil fire plants to combat CO emissions? We may need to pay?

Free lap dance from this beauty.....

Beast 1.jpg

Lithium is one of the most abundant elements on earth. But in the near future? Lithium will be obsolete. Its just the best in market storage designs today.
Agreed the technology will come where we will be able to separate hydrogen from oxygen take the power of combing the two again and have fuel as exhaust

Like any rotating motor? An air-conditioning compressor does take away from overall performance. Heating is also an issue to cold climate usage. They are saying a 20% reduction to accommodate heating in winter months.

Winter months are not advantageous for any ground travels. My Cummins diesel hates cold air. Loves the heat. (However, once warmed? My 440 loves the winter air. Very low humidity and slightly higher oxygen density?) Umm umm good. Just can't expose the car to the road salts.
Ya we all learned about dense cold air with the Yamaha 2 strokes, Yamaha leaned out the main jet to the max to make hp. Only problem was when you were screaming across the lake WFO at -35 they had a tendency to melt pistons. To much O2. But that was when try really hauled ***

-
Back